Thanks to @pompeyjazz for a year of Zooms

• 6 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« on: March 26, 2021, 09:32:05 PM »
I’ve done about 80% of the Friday Zoom calls that @pompeyjazz has organised since the start of the Covid lockdown. There’s been a core of regulars, but many members of this forum have dipped in and out over the past few months, some just once, others for quite a few sessions.

I guess it’s easy to overlook that one person has gone above and beyond to be bothered to remind everybody every Friday of the session, and then to do the necessary on Zoom. He doesn’t own the forum, it is just a very kind and generous thing to have done just to support the community on here.

So I’d like to say thanks @pompeyjazz for taking the initiative to do this in the first place and to have the tenacity to keep this initiative going for a whole year - when most of us would have given up. What a gent!

When life has been sometimes lonely and certainly ‘different’, it’s been lovely and certainly very stimulating to meet the creative and interesting folk who in various degrees populate these boards. Without John that wouldn’t have happened. So thanks very much to him! 👍

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 09:39:43 PM »
Hear Hear @MichaelA !

Kudos to @pompeyjazz and the core crew!

Unfortunate for me that it's at the exact time that I'm tucking into our weekly home-made Pizza extravaganza that has become a bit of a beacon of tradition during these crazy lock-down times!

I'm there in spirit if not in person!

K

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 02:03:41 AM »
Hear hear, well done @pompeyjazz  John for setting up this little musical beacon in he midst of this horrendous pandemic . I think @paulads has deputised, another stalwart of the forum, forgive me if I’ve missed any other organisers. I’ve been an occasional but enthusiastic participant.
Thanks guys!

Cheers
Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 07:18:46 PM »
Thank you everyone  :) It has really been a pleasure running our little Friday evening get together over the past year. Long may it continue  :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 08:13:25 AM »
@pompeyjazz @MichaelA - Yeah, a HUGE thanks Johnno, I haven't been a regular attendant, but I have enjoyed those I did get to. It's an inspirational idea.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 09:19:27 PM »
I have really enjoyed socializing on the Fridays I was able to make it. Thanks, John!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 06:33:47 PM »
Great work John, so very much appreciated by everyone.

thank you.

Paul