konalavadome

• 2 Replies

SHUNT

• Busker
« on: June 19, 2011, 02:47:52 PM »
Just saying a big Hi  to all, My name is Simon , and am originally from London and now in Wales. I have been writing rap lyrics for a long time on and off, I have only just decided to try and make a go of it. I am now producing my own music and also rapping the lyrics myself, I know its a lot to do as I work full time, but I feel I'm getting there slowly but surely. I have just finished 2 songs which I am sending off to 5 publishers, whose names I got from the music publishers association, which I will send to myself first and then, because they accept unsolicited mail, I will send to them. I have not sent them as yet, has anyone got any good advice for me before I do send them, as in am I doing it the right way or not?? Kind regards Si ;D

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »
Hi Simon

Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll enjoy sharing music with the other members. Without seeing/ hearing what you've done, I would say only this: take special care and attention over your presentation. If you plan to send a home-recorded cd in a case with your name written in biro, then don't.

Make sure both the disk and the case contain the following information: name, address, phone number, email. Make sure they look smart. If you've got an eye for design, even better. At the very least use your home printer.

Let us know how you get on :)

Tone
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

SHUNT

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 04:02:27 PM »
LOL that would not be good, thanks mate I will