konalavadome

Spectre's on the Wall

• 16 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« on: September 25, 2015, 11:48:45 AM »
So Sam Smith's Bond theme tune is out....

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/sep/25/hear-sam-smith-bond-theme-writings-on-the-wall-spectre

and it sounds like all his other songs and as mediocre as most of the recent Bond themes (yes, including Adele's).

Better songs on this forum if you ask me. In fact, after Halloween maybe the next competition should be "write a Bond tune"... Those with access to a full orchestra may be at something of an unfair advantage though...

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 12:36:23 PM »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:23:25 PM »
Steady on, old chap!

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 10:04:08 PM »
Don't know about the original thing...but do agree that a Bond style comp would be an idea...in fact anything that kicks the Halloween idea into touch would be good!

Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »

Better songs on this forum if you ask me.

Back to that old chestnut about the subjectivity of 'good' versus the objectivity of 'commercially successful'. To be frank I'd doubt the writers of the song care very much what you, I or anyone else on this forum thinks and who's songs we think are better or not better than theres. They're the ones making the mega £$ from it so they hold all the ace cards!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 11:12:04 AM »
A great competition idea. We did run a Bond competition on this site a few years ago. This was my entry at the time.  I also previously wrote 'Devil May Care' which I had professionally produced for another competition for The Sebastian Faulks novel of the same title. The one below, for the previous forum Bond competition, is however all my own work.

https://soundcloud.com/wicked-deeds/silhouette-soundcloud

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 11:38:32 AM »
Just listened to "Another Way to Die" from Quantum of Solace. Now I am really cross...

DevyE

• Solo Gig
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »
I heard Sam Smiths song on the radio for the first time this morning (obviously I didn't go out of my way to hear after all the hype  :)), so dreary, even more dreary than that Skyfall dirge  :)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 02:34:42 PM »
Yeah, Bond theme's have really gone down the plug hole lately..all the wrong people are at the top ;D
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 02:38:32 PM »
If you want access to a full orchestra buy Miroslav Philharmonic, it's on sale at 50 Euro..or it was yesterday anyway and it sounds awesome..I use it all the time, cost 150 when I bought it..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »
I haven't heard much of this yet but...

...when I first heard Adele's "Skyfall" I thought it was an awful song

However, when I watched the film and saw the song with the images the track took on a whole new dimension and a song that I previously disliked was suddenly giving me goose bumps in the cinema

The power of matching music to moving images never ceases to amaze me (I still can't watch "UP"  :'( ) so Inwould suggest waiting to see the new film before judging this song too much
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 07:44:34 AM »
Adele can of course never be forgiven for trying to rhyme 'crumble' with 'Skyfall'...  ;)

But fair enough I will wait to see the film before making final judgment. This song doesn't fit with my vision of Bond which is why I was doubtful that it fulfilled the brief - but I will be willing to eat my words.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
Having heard the song again, I'd like to apologise for my earlier "graffiti" post.

I should have used a brown font and a "padded cell" type background  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 11:10:37 AM »
Having heard the song again, I'd like to apologise for my earlier "graffiti" post.

I should have used a brown font and a "padded cell" type background  :)

Why isn't there a laughing like crazy icon..could've used it here

loved the comment..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!