Introducing myself and The Sunny Sundays

• 7 Replies

Michael C

• Busker
    • The Sunny Sundays
« on: September 17, 2015, 12:27:21 PM »
Hi there,

I'm very new here (registered about an hour ago).  I've been playing music for over 25 years, now.  My main instrument is the drums, but I've been playing guitar for ages too.

I started writing songs in 2013 (at the age of 42), and started recording in early 2014 (about the time the band I played the drums in ceased to exist).  I had the chance to start recording in the home-studio of a friend, and have been doing so ever since, about 3 hours every two weeks.

I'm not a great singer, but I'm lucky to have a niece that plays piano and sings quite well.

By now we recorded about 6 songs (of which 1 still needs to be mixed, and 2 are in full process).  I thought up a band name (The Sunny Sundays) and created a website on which the three first songs are available.

I plan on visiting this forum regularly and look foreward to listening to all the good music available here, I hoop to learn a lot from more experienced songwriters and give some modest feedback here and there.

See you soon

Michael C

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 12:34:42 PM »
Hello Michael

Welcome along...this is a great place!

if you can point me in the direction of your website, I'd be interested in having a listen  :)

Best wishes

Paul
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Michael C

• Busker
    • The Sunny Sundays
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »
Welcome along Michael,  i am sure you will get a lot put of this friendly and helpful community.

Allan

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 02:51:40 PM »
Hallo Michael

And welcome to our fantastic little forum. Thanks for finding and joining us, looking forward to seeing you around!

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 12:03:55 PM »
> I plan on visiting this forum regularly and look foreward to listening to all the good music available here, I hoop to learn a lot from more experienced songwriters and give some modest feedback here and there. <

That's the spirit!

Welcome!

Bernd
Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)

mondobongo

• Open Mic
    • My pages at BandCamp
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 02:20:49 PM »
Hi Michael

Welcome to the forum

I too have just registered after doing a search on Google for songwriters. It never occurred to me to do a search before  ??? duh!

Have had a listen to The Self-fullfilling Prophecy Blues. It's great to hear real instruments.. superb! A good song which I think would be commercially acceptable. Good vocal. I particularly like the piano especially the big sustained note at the end.

Look forward to hearing more
Cheers
Mo