A Goodbye Message from Marrianna

• 17 Replies

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:58:45 PM »
I must say goodbye now and would like to thank all the members in this section who have helped by taking the time and trouble to comment on my words, whether regarded as poetry or lyrics. There are some special people on here and I appreciate them without mentioning names.

I love songwriting and the other arts connected with it and have seen some fantastic works on here at times and so a special thanks for the amusing words that have brought a smile, or tears for the sadness of some.

Goodbye and good luck for the future.

Marrianna  :(

tomcrocus

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 07:22:24 PM »
Why goodbye Marrianna,
                                  you're an excellent lyricist/songwriter,
whatever you're doing in the future,good luck and best wishes,
                                                                                      tom.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »
Take care Marrianna  - I've enjoyed reading your lyrics on here and I hope you come back to visit us someday!

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:01:02 AM »
Best of luck in all your endeavors for the future.  You will be missed, and I think I can speak for all in saying I hope you will drop in on us now and again in the future. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 11:20:47 PM »
Thankyou to Tom, Paul and Verlon  for your thoughtful messages ..

I should have said everyone on here are special

:'(

Marrianna

Arkwright

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 12:40:36 PM »
Sad to see you leave Marrianna, hope it's only a temporary absence???

I've always enjoyed your lyrics, you never fail to tell a great story and your use of the English language has always impressed me. If we never have the pleasure of your company again then I will always remember you for the following sublime verse you wrote some time ago.

If a friendly deed could be the start
Of a glow that warms the heart
Then I should know, I saw the play
Was the actor who played a part
The Libretto would speak to empty seats
In a theatre with silent songs
The pavements outside only tarnished notes
In a queue where the end belongs

Good luck in wherever life leads you....

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »
Good luck Marrianna, hope to see you back on the forum in the future,

Keith

Vintage54

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 12:30:44 AM »

Marriana,
         Not gonna say, stick around. If you feel it's time to move on, then i aint gonna try and make you stay. Love you, love your posts, and sad to see you leaving. But people change, and that's alright. Will miss the poetry, and yes, that's what it is. Good luck in the future, wish you nothing but the best.

Vintage54

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 05:22:10 PM »
Sad to see you leave Marrianna, hope it's only a temporary absence???

I've always enjoyed your lyrics, you never fail to tell a great story and your use of the English language has always impressed me. If we never have the pleasure of your company again then I will always remember you for the following sublime verse you wrote some time ago.

If a friendly deed could be the start
Of a glow that warms the heart
Then I should know, I saw the play
Was the actor who played a part
The Libretto would speak to empty seats
In a theatre with silent songs
The pavements outside only tarnished notes
In a queue where the end belongs

Good luck in wherever life leads you....

Arkwright

What can I say? for the compliment of reproducing these words above, except to thank you very much. I hope I will get round to setting them to music just to see if they work.

I think my English language schoolmaster would have been pleased to see your comment and maybe it was worth passing GCE O Level after all. Much of what I learnt doesn't apply now and the same goes for my music studies too.  >:(

I hope you are successful in completing your wish list.

I enjoyed setting your descriptive words This Old Bench to music. I will try to re-record it to improve
the sound quality when I can, but am sure you have, by now, some better versions than mine to put higher up your list. It is still a privilege to have collaborated on the words at that time.

Good luck to you

From Marrianna  :)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 05:56:51 PM »

Marriana,
         Not gonna say, stick around. If you feel it's time to move on, then i aint gonna try and make you stay. Love you, love your posts, and sad to see you leaving. But people change, and that's alright. Will miss the poetry, and yes, that's what it is. Good luck in the future, wish you nothing but the best.

Vintage54

Thankyou, too, Vintage 54 for your sentiments in your message. x

It isn't really that I have changed. To explain a little, I have had lots of experience in the songwriting world and much of what I have learnt has passed  by because of modern technolgy, social Media etc.
Some of the do's and dont's I have learnt are not really understood by some and so can lead to confusion and misunderstandings which unfortunately then lead to sad goodbyes and a feeling of just wanting to give up and wondering what the point of it all was.

I, in most cases, have worked on my own, and will probably go back to that now but will miss you and all.

Lots of luck to you :)
From Marrianna >:(

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:00:53 PM by Marrianna »

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
Good luck Marrianna, hope to see you back on the forum in the future,

Keith

Hi Keith,

Just to add my thanks to you here as I can't find the one I left for you on the Finished Works thread, (I think).
Maybe there will be a time to come back and it is good to know I would be welcome. Thankyou :)

All Good Wishes
Marrianna  :) :(

Peppermint

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 02:11:29 AM »
I must say goodbye now and would like to thank all the members in this section who have helped by taking the time and trouble to comment on my words, whether regarded as poetry or lyrics. There are some special people on here and I appreciate them without mentioning names.

I love songwriting and the other arts connected with it and have seen some fantastic works on here at times and so a special thanks for the amusing words that have brought a smile, or tears for the sadness of some.

Good luck for the future Marrianna,
Have to agree with the other posters above in saying that you'll be missed on here.
Hope you come back on here sometime in the future.

Peppermint

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 10:32:01 PM »

Good luck for the future Marrianna,
Have to agree with the other posters above in saying that you'll be missed on here.
Hope you come back on here sometime in the future.

Peppermint

Hi Peppermint,

Just to say thanks for your kind message and to wish you good luck too. I remember your meaningful words about the soldier. I read them many times and like them a lot.

It was lovely to take a look here and find your message.

Marrianna  :) :(

shortwhat

• Open Mic
  • I like reverb
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »
I'll miss you a lot, I didn't give feedback to you nearly as much as I should've mostly because your work has always been incredible and I'm not very good at giving feedback anyways.

I really like reading the things you post and I'm sure wherever you're going you will be loved<3

I hope to someday see a song or something with Marrianna on it in the future  ;)
16, singer-songwriter

Check out my album: http://joshshort.bandcamp.com/album/collarbones

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »
Marrianna, I will always remember you for that song entiled: "The Poor Old Man" really touched me with that song. I wish you all the best in what ever or which direction you choose to go from now onward.

Glad I had the chance to meet you.

Irwin
Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC