konalavadome

A hopeful singing bassist!

• 3 Replies

ChunkyMunky

• Busker
« on: August 23, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
Hey, all!

My name's Josh, 23, a Leo and love long walks on the beach. Just kidding, I'm not a fan of the beach.

Originally a backing musician for every kind of gig you can imagine but I always neglected my ability to write a song. As a bassist, you're supposed to be the glue of the band but how can you be all that good if you don't know how to write a song? I stumbled upon this forum after I had a whole bunch of problems trying to figure this nonsense out. I hope to learn all kinds of new things and hopefully meet some nice folks along the way. Thanks a bunch for reading!  :)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 06:31:20 PM »
Hi Josh

Thanks for taking the time to find and join our brilliant forum! I think you'll like it here. Also not a fan of the beach. I'll let Bill explain why…

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Tone
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:28:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Bass players make great song writers. I have played bass for a band for the past two years and what I have learned from that experience has moved my writing along in leaps and bounds. So I am looking forward to hear what you bring to the table.

mondobongo

• Open Mic
    • My pages at BandCamp
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 04:09:32 PM »
Hey Josh

Welcome along.

Dunno about songwriting affecting your playing ability. The most talented player in my band is our bass player, he can play anything at the drop of a hat while the rest of us have to ask what key is it in and what's that funny chord. So he plays solid bass but has never written anything in his life.

But you obviously want to write since you've made your way here. I've just joined the forum but like you hope for some help and inspiration and to meet new friends.

Look forward to catching up with you.
Best Wishes
Mo