konalavadome

Hi everyone.

• 1 Replies

musicalal

• Busker
    • Songhacks
« on: July 16, 2015, 03:16:34 PM »
Hello, I'm a songwriter and songwriting teacher from the east of England, been writing songs for as long as I can remember. I've been busy with other things for the last couple of years and I'm keen to revivify my relationship to song making hence coming to this forum, I'm keen to get involved with others that are as fascinated as I with the process of creating songs. Though I teach song writing (something I love to do) I have by no means mastered the craft, I have much to learn and I'm keen to share what I have learned so far.

I have been performing solo for the last few years, mainly in Norwich and London but I've just got a band together to perform my material, I'm really excited about it - no recordings yet though. I've recorded a couple of albums over the last 10 to 15 years but they got shelved for one reason or another, I'm looking at ways that I can curate my old material and make it available, I do have some stuff online, I'll provide links later on in this post. Though I had given up on this dream for some time I would love to get a publishing deal and be able to support myself and my family through my passion.

As far as the teaching bit goes, I've taught composition in further education; guitar, singing, uke and music tech in groups and one to one settings and specifically song writing as mentioned above. I home educate my two young daughters and I'm in the process of developing an online songwriting course that hopefully will generate enough income so that I can still offer the necessary time my children that that involves - I'd very much value any suggestions that any of you have as to how to best achieve that goal.

I'm also two episodes into a songwriting podcast called Songhacks, I'm still very much developing the format but I intend it to consist of interviews with artists; exploration of songwriting techniques; a look at the historical and cultural impact of the song as an art form plus shows that chart the development of song ideas that I create on my own and with guest artists.

I'm looking forward to interacting with this community and hearing some new songs.

Thanks

Al

www.songhacks.uk
https://soundcloud.com/al-southgate

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 04:07:35 PM »
Hi musicalal

Can I call you Al? (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've already managed to make your life around songwriting, so I think you're going to fit in around here just fine. Looking forward to seeing you around. If you have any questions, just shout.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l