New competition idea - Thoughts?

• 10 Replies

Arkwright

• Solo Gig
« on: July 04, 2015, 12:38:31 PM »
Would anyone one be interested in a lyrics competition that involved creating a song based around a chorus already written?

Leave a comment if it's something that may be of interest and if enough people respond I'm happy to set it up.  ;D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 06:46:23 PM »
Hi Ark
Question - a chorus that you wrote? Sign me up!  ;D ;D
As far as a competition it would be nice to be able to choose from several choruses. Might get more entries that way. I guess it would end up as a co-write?
Paul

Arkwright

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 07:06:53 PM »
Hi Ark
Question - a chorus that you wrote? Sign me up!  ;D ;D
As far as a competition it would be nice to be able to choose from several choruses. Might get more entries that way. I guess it would end up as a co-write?
Paul

Hey Paul

I just happen to have a chorus knocking about that I'm not doing much with, so thought I may as well put it to some use. ;D

Think I'd prefer it to just be one chorus (not necessarily mine) as it would be interesting to see everyone's interpretation of the same lyrics.

I'll wait to see if there's anymore interest and then decide exactly how it's going to work.

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 04:07:17 PM »

hey arkwright

sounds like a good idea this one,  loads of songs that have the same chorus

maybe when the winner is chosen the musicians can give it life as a prize

also if you put the intended chorus up for all to see you might get interest
 as some will be inspired and some not     JUST MY 2P

Arkwright

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 04:20:10 PM »

hey arkwright

sounds like a good idea this one,  loads of songs that have the same chorus

maybe when the winner is chosen the musicians can give it life as a prize

also if you put the intended chorus up for all to see you might get interest
 as some will be inspired and some not     JUST MY 2P

Hey Benjo

Like the idea of the prize, I guess I should try and find someone upfront who would be willing to compose the music and record it.

Don't want to reveal the chorus in this thread unless absolutely necessary, as the competition will have a thread of it's own.

I was just hoping for feedback as to whether there was any broad interest in the idea and if there was then I'd start the competition in a new post.

TPistilli

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 05:35:04 PM »
Although I have just joined the forum, I would absolutely love to try my hand at this.  It would be an amazing experience to see all of the different twists and turns of other people's view points. Sign me up!  ;D

Arkwright

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 05:46:48 PM »
Although I have just joined the forum, I would absolutely love to try my hand at this.  It would be an amazing experience to see all of the different twists and turns of other people's view points. Sign me up!  ;D

Thanks for your support my friend...

Watch this space  ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 11:03:28 PM »
Sounds like this would be an interesting challenge  :o I'd give it a shot, but I think it shouldn't

start till the 'Dreams' comp is over :) :)

Arkwright

• Solo Gig
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 06:03:32 AM »
That sounds sensible Suzy...

If it generates enough interest, I'll not launch the comp until the other is done and dusted.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 06:38:19 AM »
What would you be giving us to start with? 

Just a chorus lyric, or a chorus lyric with vocal melody?  And/or a chorus lyric with a vocal melody and accompaniment to build out of? 

Not that it matters that much to me.... if I can find the time, I'd enter such a comp. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

tracyl

• Busker
    • Premier Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 05:13:17 PM »
Hey, I just started a competition, and then I scrolled down to check out other comps and I seen yours. I would like to say I'm sorry if I spammed and you thought I stole your idea. Your competition would be pretty fun indeed though.