Goodbye

• 7 Replies

massa

« on: May 26, 2011, 03:11:37 PM »
Goodbye guys,

I wish you all the best of luck with your songwriting endeavours.

I will not stay and be subject to homophobic insults, or be associated with any website that condones that behaviour.

spacedogg

• Open Mic
  • Ooo yes it's up there somewhere
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
Now you're just having a silly tantrum, Massa. Funny how you don't admit that you were much more insulting by using ageist and derogatory sexual language directed at me ('facetious old cunt' was what you called me, wasn't it?).
It's much easier to be the slighted victim, isn't it?
Get over yourself and stop acting like a huffy teenager.

For anyone reading this, we were just arguing (not really that seriously, from my perspective) about a song that dinnerwithgreedo posted.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:58:20 PM »
Goodbye guys,

I wish you all the best of luck with your songwriting endeavours.

I will not stay and be subject to homophobic insults, or be associated with any website that condones that behaviour.

I've read the thread in question, and I don't see that any homophobic slur has been cast. You of course are entitled to your own interpretation of the comment.

I'm not going to put the blame on anyone's shoulders, but I will take issue with your comment quoted above.

This forum, although run by me, is a product of all the great personalities who contribute. Without you all it would simply be an empty page with only me looking at it. I do not condone homophobic insults, nor any personal insult for that matter, especially on a public forum. But as a community, it is up to all of us to decide collectively what is appropriate, and that means thinking before we type sometimes.

I am strongly against censorship, and I don't believe it makes for a better community. Having said that, I'm going to remove the posts on dinnerwithgreedo's thread that are unrelated to his song.

If you wish to carry on the debate you were having, you are welcome to start a thread of your own, and pick up where you left off.

If a disagreement is enough to make you leave, Massa, that is a shame. I hope you reconsider.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

postmn

• Solo Gig
  • I am not done listening to myself
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 12:03:51 AM »
massa dont go, people need you here, your an important and valid member of this forum

Sonic-r

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »
Just tried to message Massa, but the system doesn't recognise his name anymore. If you're reading this Massa change your mind and git back on 'ere.

murfman04

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
Just tried to message Massa, but the system doesn't recognise his name anymore. If you're reading this Massa change your mind and git back on 'ere.
Yep come on back, bad insulting words are always being thrown around these days, they can get to ya if you let em. I'm Irish and we throw insults at eachother the whole time with great affection, it's weird I know, but you've been good for this site and it should be all about the music!! :)

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 05:28:28 PM »
Well, I havent been on here long but massa you are generally the harshest and most insulting (which can be good sometimes - its honest). So if you are leaving because someone insulted you, its a bit petulant.

spacedogg

• Open Mic
  • Ooo yes it's up there somewhere
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 12:20:01 AM »
Just to straighten things out (again) here folks  - I had a disagreement with him over pointless things he said in a song review, he didn't take it well, he then resorted to insulting me when he realised he had no reasonable argument to make (facetious old cunt, he called me - been called a lot of things in my time but that was a first haha!), he didn't have the cohones to admit he was wrong about the review, and I called him the Queen of Insults (he's gay if you didn't already know) and then he used that as a trump card by saying that i was being homophobic (which is a big steaming pile, because I have friends who are gay and it doesn't bother me at all).
I don't think he'll be back a) because of his huge ego and b) because he made a bit of a bell end of himself and couldn't swallow his pride. And I'm not going to make any jokes about what he could swallow, although I do want to. Sorry.