konalavadome

Would this do the job?

• 6 Replies

stargirl

• Busker
« on: August 25, 2009, 09:04:06 PM »
If i was trying to record my vocals using Audicity on my laptop, could i use a simple USB mic to record?

I'm asking because it seems cheaper and i don't really have the money to shell out for amazing quality if a cheaper on will do the job.

I was thinking something like this;

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/610576/Logitech-USB-Desktop-Microphone/Product.html

Captain Andy

• Busker
    • Captain Andy
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:52:04 PM »
If i was trying to record my vocals using Audicity on my laptop, could i use a simple USB mic to record?

I'm asking because it seems cheaper and i don't really have the money to shell out for amazing quality if a cheaper on will do the job.

I was thinking something like this;

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/610576/Logitech-USB-Desktop-Microphone/Product.html

That mic. is more for communication via Skype and stuff rather than music recording I think. It might be worth a try as it can be surprising the quality you can get through some basic mics these days.

What are you recording besides voice?

stargirl

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »
Maybe occasionally an acoustic guitar.

Captain Andy

• Busker
    • Captain Andy
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
Maybe occasionally an acoustic guitar.

That mic. might be ok.
Are you just looking to do a demo or are you hoping to record something you can sell?

The main snag you might find is that everything might sound a bit thin, but that might not be a huge problem.

stargirl

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »
I only really want to record demos to show the rest of my band so they can help write it into more eletric music. I don't need anything of amazing quality.

Captain Andy

• Busker
    • Captain Andy
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »
I only really want to record demos to show the rest of my band so they can help write it into more eletric music. I don't need anything of amazing quality.

Oh right, well yeah that'd probably be fine if it's just to show your band how the songs go.

stargirl

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
Thanks for the help!  :D