Time of day.

• 18 Replies

Vintage54

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 02:10:33 AM »

Hey Mark,
        The fact that we both appreciate this song, whatever the meaning, is good enough for me. Dylan will give you nothing in an interview, least nothing you can believe. Pinch of salt, times ten. But he gives us plenty in his songs. When he's gone, we won't see the like again. Giant!

A nod and a wink
                                            Vintage54

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 03:44:16 AM »

Hey Mark,
        The fact that we both appreciate this song, whatever the meaning, is good enough for me. Dylan will give you nothing in an interview, least nothing you can believe. Pinch of salt, times ten. But he gives us plenty in his songs. When he's gone, we won't see the like again. Giant!

A nod and a wink
                                            Vintage54

I agree. the mystique of the man only adds to his genius :)

Peppermint

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 02:09:01 PM »
I usually write my lyrics in the early hours of the morning.
Usually after I've had a few drinks.....It's most probably why most of my stuff never makes any sense lol  ;D

Also sometimes after I've had a stressful day at work I usually like to sit down fetch a notepad and write down a few ideas for songs to write.

Peppermint

Vintage54

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 01:11:10 AM »

Peppermint,
      I can relate to that. After a bottle or two, i jot down lines aplenty. At the time, they sound bloody great and meaningful, but in the cold light, it's what the f**K does that mean? Doesn't stop me though.

Vintage54