konalavadome

Dreams - summer competition RESULTS

• 97 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 06:32:01 PM »
Ok I'm going to break 2 habits of a lifetime here and A, enter a competition, & B, Collaborate with someone :)
I have some music which has been kicking about for a couple of weeks but due to my recording schedule I haven't had any time to do anything with it, so if someone wishes to write some lyrics to it and fire it back across to me we can stick it in the pot and see what comes out.
I'll do an acoustic guitar track and write a lead sheet out so you know where the verses, choruses are etc.... and then whomever is doing the lyrics can just fill in the blanks.
If anyone wants to give it a shot let me know.
Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark:  I'm making several assumptions here.  1. That someone else hasn't already volunteered to do lyrics for this.      2.  That you have read some of my lyrics and wouldn't mind having my lyrics with your music.   3.  That I will be inspired by the music to write good lyrics.  (sometimes that isn't the case - and it isn't always because the music doesn't sound good to me.... some really good stuff just doesn't "demand a lyric" from me. 

So, If all my assumptions are correct, PM me and I'd love to work on one of your compositions.  Don't be shy about saying "no" if  you aren't enthusiastic  about the idea. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 07:16:57 PM »
Ok I'm going to break 2 habits of a lifetime here and A, enter a competition, & B, Collaborate with someone :)
I have some music which has been kicking about for a couple of weeks but due to my recording schedule I haven't had any time to do anything with it, so if someone wishes to write some lyrics to it and fire it back across to me we can stick it in the pot and see what comes out.
I'll do an acoustic guitar track and write a lead sheet out so you know where the verses, choruses are etc.... and then whomever is doing the lyrics can just fill in the blanks.
If anyone wants to give it a shot let me know.
Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark:  I'm making several assumptions here.  1. That someone else hasn't already volunteered to do lyrics for this.      2.  That you have read some of my lyrics and wouldn't mind having my lyrics with your music.   3.  That I will be inspired by the music to write good lyrics.  (sometimes that isn't the case - and it isn't always because the music doesn't sound good to me.... some really good stuff just doesn't "demand a lyric" from me. 

So, If all my assumptions are correct, PM me and I'd love to work on one of your compositions.  Don't be shy about saying "no" if  you aren't enthusiastic  about the idea. 

Hi Verlon,
2 others have already approached me on this, however if the organisers don't have any objections I don't mind writing a piece for you to put lyrics to? You'd have to ask what the T&C's are
Mark

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 08:07:26 PM »
Verlon

I've got several musical ideas floating around that aren't getting anywhere for a lack of lyrical ideas.

As Mark is fully booked and I'm not, how about if I put together something and send you the link. I can do the da-da-das for the melody and you can work your magic on the lyric.

ian
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Arkwright

• Solo Gig
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 11:03:25 PM »
OK guys, here's half my entry, the lyrics... Just need to find a collaborator to complete the other half with some music and a recording. A lot to ask I know, but I live in hope.
'Shattered Dreams'

VERSE 1
Was it the blue of your eyes
Or the softness of voice
That made you the choice
Of the keeper of my heart

Was it the promise you made
Or the words gently spoke
That filled me with hope
Of a life of endless joy

CHORUS
And in the mirror cracked
Looking back at me
Are shattered dreams
Shattered dreams

Looking deep in my eyes
You can't fail to see
My shattered dreams
Shattered dreams

VERSE 2
Was it the cut of your tongue
Or the sweet gifts of pain
That harbours the shame
Of a soul weary of life

Was it the kiss of your fist
Or the necklace of rope
That removed all hope
Of a happily ever after

CHORUS
Looking back at me
Are shattered dreams
Shattered dreams

Looking deep in my eyes
You can't fail to see
My shattered dreams
Shattered dreams

BRIDGE
And in my world
Within a world
You're the nightmare
That killed my dreams

CHORUS
Looking back at me
Are shattered dreams
Shattered dreams

Looking deep in my eyes
You can't fail to see
My shattered dreams
Shattered dreams

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 02:13:11 AM »
Verlon

I've got several musical ideas floating around that aren't getting anywhere for a lack of lyrical ideas.

As Mark is fully booked and I'm not, how about if I put together something and send you the link. I can do the da-da-das for the melody and you can work your magic on the lyric.

ian

Hi Ian:   I'd be happy to.  Let me know how to listen to some of your musical ideas, and I'll tell you which ones speak to me. 

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 07:18:56 PM »

Hi Verlon,
2 others have already approached me on this, however if the organisers don't have any objections I don't mind writing a piece for you to put lyrics to? You'd have to ask what the T&C's are
Mark

I'm going to help Viscount Cramer with a lyric for the contest.  I don't think they will want two entries.  However, I would love to work with you on anything you have going that you think I will fit well with.  Doesn't have to be for a contest.  There doesn't have to be any hurry to it.  I'm up for it anytime. 

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 07:41:46 PM »
Great to see the collabs starting and to answer Mark's question all we said was
One solo song per member plus a collaboration.
Cheers
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

MartiMedia

• Solo Gig
    • MartiMedia
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 12:18:02 PM »
Posted the lyrics and a rough sketch (recorded with phone) in this thread: http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/lyric-reviews/dreams-9304/
MM
https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/tracks
https://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia

Most recent collab (October 2015): Never Mine To Keep - Jambrains and Martimedia
http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/song-reviews/never-mine-to-keep-(jambrains-martimedia-collab)/

My 'best' track (Winning track of this board's 'Dreams' 2015 summer competition):
https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2015, 09:39:56 AM »
First post updated with current list of entrants - any errors or admission please let us know. And there are a few lyricists looking for partners so more the merrier.
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 03:08:20 PM »
First post updated with current list of entrants - any errors or admission please let us know. And there are a few lyricists looking for partners so more the merrier.
Neil

Hi Neil,
Adamfarr is writing lyrics to my composition, I'm just waiting on them coming back to start the recording :)

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2015, 11:11:22 PM »
hI Neil, I was just wondering...are we're suppose to post our comp songs just on this thread?  ???
I notice that JB's song is posted in the finished song section, where I guess they would get
more views, which would be a good thing, which would be a good thing :o :o
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:07:27 AM by crystalsuzy »

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 08:22:55 AM »
hI Neil, I was just wondering...are we're suppose to post our comp songs just on this thread?  ???
I notice that JB's song is posted in the finished song section, where I guess they would get
more views :o :o

Ah, my bad Suzy, never was much of a fine print reader I guess , sorry :(
I have moved it to the competition section now and removed all info/link from the post in finished songs section. However, I did not want to delete the thread completely since it contains a post from Mark Ryan with an answer from me which I would like to keep.
I would have no problem whatsoever to withdraw my entry due to having it posted in the wrong place (it's just for fun after all)  but I'd rather not since it would make Mark very happy and that I would not like. Neil will have the final word I guess and I'll accept whatever he decide.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 11:03:53 AM »
hI Neil, I was just wondering...are we're suppose to post our comp songs just on this thread?  ???
more views, which would be a good thing :o :o

Ah, my bad Suzy, never was much of a fine print reader I guess , sorry :(
I have moved it to the competition section now and removed all info/link from the post in finished songs section. However, I did not want to delete the thread completely since it contains a post from Mark Ryan with an answer from me which I would like to keep.
I would have no problem whatsoever to withdraw my entry due to having it posted in the wrong place (it's just for fun after all)  but I'd rather not since it would make Mark very happy and that I would not like. Neil will have the final word I guess and I'll accept whatever he decide.

JB...I was not suggeting that you did anything wrong by posting it in the finished song section and I'm really sorry you took it that way. I merely wanted to know for my own post, where we're suppose to post these comp songs. Personally, I think they might get more views in the finished song section, so that more people will vote, in the end, and that would be a good thing ::) ::)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:05:38 AM by crystalsuzy »