Collaborate on creating a musical

• 0 Replies

David_Gardiner

• Busker
« on: May 09, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »
I can't delete this topic (it seems you can't delete your own topics in this forum) but it's now out of date so here is the current position:

I’m once again looking for a composer for a 50/50 collaboration in creating a musical. The person needs to be able to turn song lyrics into songs and hence complete my script for a stage musical. The story is based on my 2011 novel 'Engineering Paradise' and set in 1960s Belfast during the beginning of the most recent wave of ‘Troubles’. It is presented in a ‘folksy’ style and uses one or two pre-existing traditional songs, as well as many new ones which at present exist only as lyrics. The work is aimed at amateur companies with limited musical resources, perhaps a guitar, a keyboard and some percussion, so I am looking for simple attractive melodies that would need very little accompaniment, or in some cases that would work acapella, rather than full orchestral extravaganzas. Think of people like Paul Simon, Joan Baez, Janis Ian, Don McLean, Leonard Cohen, or traditional Irish folk singers and groups like Celtic Woman, The Dubliners or The Clancy Brothers. I have had a false start with a musician and now I am starting again. I don’t see this as a commercial project but rather something that would appeal to amateur and student theatre groups. My expectation would be little or no financial return. Let’s just do it for the love. Please email me at sirat@davidgardiner.net for more details.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:44:45 PM by David_Gardiner »