Help me chant!

• 2 Replies

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« on: April 30, 2015, 01:38:45 PM »
I'm working an a new song that really needs some huge, multi voice parts.
There are 2 or maybe 3 short phrases (2-3 words or syllables) that I was hoping to emphasize, like a crowd chanting a slogan so we are not talking singing really, rather shouting (think kind of what you would hear at protest march). Since I want the impression of a large crowd timing and pitch is not too critical so anybody should be able to contribute :-)
There is also a 3 word phrase where I would need some more "proper" singing but still aiming at the "crowd" sound (think a sport event where everyone is singing the national anthem).
So, anyone interested in helping out? If so, drop me a line. The time frame for this is pretty short so I would need any contributions within the next two weeks.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 07:24:23 AM »
Well I'm going to give johanns a ago I hope others are too.
  :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 08:20:19 AM »
Well I'm going to give johanns a ago I hope others are too.
  :)
Neil
Great!
Boys and girls, I could still use some more "We Will Prevail" chanting in the intro as well as "and so are we"  & "and never heard" shouting in the end of each verse,
Don't be shy, you can do it.  ;D

To get you in the rigth, mode check out the first very early draft of a video to the song.
Just one clip, and it was to short so I just reused som parts from the start in the end but with more clips and lyrics in the video I think it will be great.
The music to the video is still a mess, very,very much work in progress, most of what's recorded is just guiding tracks, no mixing, levels are way off and so on and the solo is just a one-take mock-up at the moment.
Sonic mayhem but enough to get the idea.
If you want to help out drop me a line and I'll point you to my dropbox where you can get files to shout along to  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRwlmAwJiyM
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:22:02 AM by Jambrains »