attention.  Original, creative and exciting.  Just
 loved it.

xx

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 03:51:46 PM »
It reminds me of really early Red Hot Chili Peppers mashed with the madness Kate Bush or Bjork. Its quirky and I can see how it won't be to everyone's taste - but I think its great. I think the lyrics are great. It's totally ambitious and out-of-character from the other songs of yours I've heard. For me it works a treat. I wouldn't change anything about it.  ;D

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 04:32:59 PM »
HI CS,

I think this is very good. I like the way the musical background to the verses change to reflect the lyrics. I like the bass but I'd have liked it to have been a bit more bass heavy with the lower frequencies coming through. That may be my headphones and system though. Loved the tip to the B52s.

I agree, no need for a guitar solo.

Keith 

Mystic Dreamer

• Open Mic
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 06:56:57 PM »
I'm still waiting with bated breath for the final release.  This is an absolute masterpiece of linguistic and musical artwork.  It doesn't really need any changes.  It's going to be a world-wide hit already just as it is.

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 11:46:30 PM »
Great !!  It kicked Ass  ;D
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 09:10:07 PM »
great words and vocals suzy,
sadly not a fantasy either..
love the background which funnily enough has the reverb of a cathedral..!  
sounds superb, rattles along lovely..metal bass works brilliantly too ..
i wasnt that keen on the floyd reference but thats me
immense achievement getting this down
think youve nailed it  
reminds me a lot of king crimsons elephant talk which is quite something ..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Mystic Dreamer

• Open Mic
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 10:07:07 PM »
BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

Ok, before everyone gets all bent out of shape allow me to explain.

This thread was already at the top of the queue when I posted this.  So I didn't bump anything anywhere.

I'm just so excited about this song I can't contain myself.   ;D

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:15:32 PM by Mystic Dreamer »

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2015, 01:01:21 PM »
Yippee-ki-yay....! This was right up my alley. Love, love, love the lyrics! I once wrote a song touching the same subject but compare to this hurricane of anger and frustration it was just a mild breeze! Extremely powerful and well written.
The electronica-ish arrangement and production works very well for this and I absolutely love all the things going on with the backing vocals, especially the opera-ish parts. My only concern would be the slap bass (to me, if you want to hit your instrument, be a drummer and leave the poor bass alone) but that just probably just my very personal aversion towards that particular playing technique so you should probably just ignore this since it surely drives the track forward very effectively.
Btw, I thing you could turn up that bass in the intro (that also comes back midways somewhere) way up loud :-)
For some reason this song reminds me of an old Hawkwind song that I no longer remember the name of. :-(
As I said the current version works very well, but I can also imaging a heavier and more aggressive version, maybe a little in the vein of Killing in the name by Rage Against Machine (but even heavier with more guitars).
By far the best I'v heard from you (yet!)
5 out of 5 Jambrains from the Swedish jury!

/Johan
Thanks so much Johan :) I'm humbled by your comments :) I've done a bit of a remix and added even more backing track effects :o I hope I haven't overdone it  ::) thanks for the thumbs up on the lyrics...I had more and I'm still pondering how to add them, or if I should :o
5 out of 5...can't beat that :) :)

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2015, 01:17:57 PM »
5 out of 5...can't beat that :) :)
Don't be so sure, the volume knob on my amp goes to 11.... ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2015, 12:36:17 AM »

WOW CS  ;D ;D

This is soooo gooood  ;D ;D
 Love the sentiment....with you all the way ;D
 Great arrangement.  Your gtr player nailed this one,
 amazing playing, right on the money. Your style,
 and delivery is unique.........well, I've never heard
 anything quite like it......and it always keeps my
 attention.  Original, creative and exciting.  Just
 loved it.

xx

Thanks so much Bin :) I'm delighted that you agree and that it kept your attention, because this
one is all about the message :) If you get a chance, let me know if you think the remix is
any better ???
thanks again :)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2015, 08:04:33 AM »
Both are good!! I have no problem with direct references to particular religions..they should be held accountable..

this song is an awesome statement..well done,

best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2015, 08:37:28 AM »
CS,

Unaware of this song until this remix and I'm writing my first post in months to say I think it's wonderful. Full of energy and enough lyrics to last a week! On only one listen I was hooked. Particularly enjoyed the spoken opening line followed by a sung version of the opening line. I didn't explain that very well but you get the idea? Then that blistering bass hit me in the face! Lots a lots of incidental stuff going on in the background beautifully mixed in. 

I really enjoyed the nod to Floyd at the end.

So, sorry it's a lame review but you just may have dragged me out of song-sharing retirement!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 08:39:38 AM by ShinyThang »
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

Anike

• Busker
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2015, 01:51:18 PM »
Awesome how you did this in an 'not-usual'-way, it's really your style I think.
I have to say, normally this kind of stuff really of freaks me out, but I couldn't stop listening and that's very special! Nice job :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015, 01:06:04 PM »
It reminds me of really early Red Hot Chili Peppers mashed with the madness Kate Bush or Bjork. Its quirky and I can see how it won't be to everyone's taste - but I think its great. I think the lyrics are great. It's totally ambitious and out-of-character from the other songs of yours I've heard. For me it works a treat. I wouldn't change anything about it.  ;D

Thanks so much D :) I'm humbled by your references and yes, I really stepped out of my
comfort zone with this one  :) :)

HI CS,

I think this is very good. I like the way the musical background to the verses change to reflect the lyrics. I like the bass but I'd have liked it to have been a bit more bass heavy with the lower frequencies coming through. That may be my headphones and system though. Loved the tip to the B52s.

I agree, no need for a guitar solo.

Keith 
Thanks for noticing the background music and how it reflects the lyrics Keith  :)
I think you're right about having a lower end bass :)

great words and vocals suzy,
sadly not a fantasy either..
love the background which funnily enough has the reverb of a cathedral..! 
sounds superb, rattles along lovely..metal bass works brilliantly too ..
i wasnt that keen on the floyd reference but thats me
immense achievement getting this down
think youve nailed it 
reminds me a lot of king crimsons elephant talk which is quite something ..
Thanks for the thumbs up on the lyrics Nooms :) I wish it was a fantasy :( My partner didn't like the
PF thing either, but I couldn't resist :o
Great !!  It kicked Ass  ;D
Thanks Andy :) Can't get a better compliment than "kick ass!"  :)
BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

Ok, before everyone gets all bent out of shape allow me to explain.

This thread was already at the top of the queue when I posted this.  So I didn't bump anything anywhere.

I'm just so excited about this song I can't contain myself.   ;D

You're so sweet MD :-* :-*
Both are good!! I have no problem with direct references to particular religions..they should be held accountable..

this song is an awesome statement..well done,

best, Kevin
Thanks for the thumbs up on that Kevin, and I agree :o but someone thought I shouldn't reference particular religions, so I got cold feet, so I took it out in the remix ::) maybe I'll leave it in...I'm still undecided about which version I like best and I haven't had much feedback, so I guess I'm on my own :o :o

CS,

Unaware of this song until this remix and I'm writing my first post in months to say I think it's wonderful. Full of energy and enough lyrics to last a week! On only one listen I was hooked. Particularly enjoyed the spoken opening line followed by a sung version of the opening line. I didn't explain that very well but you get the idea? Then that blistering bass hit me in the face! Lots a lots of incidental stuff going on in the background beautifully mixed in. 

I really enjoyed the nod to Floyd at the end.

So, sorry it's a lame review but you just may have dragged me out of song-sharing retirement!

Welcome back ShinyThang :) I'm delighted to be the one to bring you out of silence :) and so happy my song hooked you in :) That part you're talking about happened quite accidentally, but it's one of my fav parts of the song, so thanks for noticing, and you have nothing to be sorry about in regards to your review :) I loved it :)

Awesome how you did this in an 'not-usual'-way, it's really your style I think.
I have to say, normally this kind of stuff really of freaks me out, but I couldn't stop listening and that's very special! Nice job :)
thanks Anike  :) I'm glad this didn't freak and that you and that you got into it :) That means everything to me :)

I'm so happy that I finally figured out how to do multiple quotes  ;D ;D

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2015, 06:31:19 PM »
This is an interesting beast is it not!

The spoken poetry against the backing is just perfect. And any humanist rant will play right into my hand.

The bass and drums sit nicely aside one another. Very crisp
Loving hearing your accent come through

The sung section, on the alternating two noted with the harmony, is oddly discordant in a very deliberate way. It is awkward on first hearing, as often your melodies and harmonies are. Part of me wished you'd go just a LITTLE closer to standard pitchings and melodic/harmonic lines. But part of me worries this would take away some of the madness that is a big draw of your charm.

The "occasional" instrument lines, such as the Egyptian style lick in the second half, are great little additions.

I love the stanza about the native Americans.

Quick Note - it is only in the modern Judea-Christian-Muslim line of religions that teach that women are (increasingly) lesser than Men. Pagans worshipped women as givers of love and life. Shame that, when pinching the calendar from the Pagans, these religions forget to pinch that part too

You mention "archaic" attitude towards women. Archaic would actually be more positive ;)

Beware the lawsuit from Pink Floyd too. They'll want all your pennies ;)

You sometimes make Kate Bush seem like three chord pop ;)

James x
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk