konalavadome

YouTube

• 6 Replies

massa

« on: May 22, 2011, 08:03:34 PM »
So how do I put a video on youtube, and register for an account and stuff?

Also I only have music, so how do I make a snazzy video?

Should I just buy and HD camcorder and film stuff relating to the music?

spacedogg

• Open Mic
  • Ooo yes it's up there somewhere
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
I reckon Dutchbeat is the media master for that answer.

massa

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:09:36 AM »
Yes, his video's are uber-quirky!

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »
putting a video on youtube is easy - just go to the top right, register and you can start uploading.
Making a video is much more tricky...
You could just have a single image or series of images which can be put together in windows media player, but that is pretty boring.
IMO, the only reason to use youtube for music is if you have cool vids to go with your songs.
Check out pomplamoose on youtube. They are a band which pretty much exists only on youtube and they kind of revolutionised the format. They do videos to all their songs (in a special way) and webcam gigs. Despite having no record label, manager etc, they have something like 200 000 subscribers to their channel :S (ps im not really a big fan of their music, just think its impressive, and their videos are cool)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 06:42:32 PM »
Hi Massa,

i make my videos with windows movie maker, but I agree with Ramshackles there is much more exciting software out there (I have seen a program with spectacular effects, but I have to ask the name again of that, I just can't remember anymore, I will ask again). The effects in windows media are o.k., not very original but you can combine up to six of these effects, just take more than one at a time and sometimes something original comes out of that..

Windows movie maker at least is easy to use (drag and drop, cut and copy etc...) and if you ask me any digital camera will do (I don't think it is very important to invest a lot in a very good camera,most people watch the film on a little youtube screen and I think when uploading to you tube the quality gets downsized or fitted to a certain amount of pixels. having a very high resolution may be beautiful when watching it home at your computer but also makes the process (the copying and pasting in windows media player and also the uploading etc.) slow, sometimes extremely slow and costs loads of memory....unless you have a supersonic mega computer
good luck with making video to your music, i find it great fun to be looking for footage and short film clips that fit a song or a sound!

massa

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »
Dank je wel Dutchbeat!

Dutchbeat

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 10:02:50 PM »
ah, your Dutch is excellent, Massa

Graag gedaan (You are welcome!)