Help!!! Logic is sending me bananas!

• 9 Replies

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:02:28 AM »
I know..... so nice of Logic to make sure I keep my potassium levels up.....

It's driving me nuts too....

So I've recorded a bunch of vocals across about a dozen different tracks. I've loaded a patch onto some of them called "warm vocal". Some of them i probably loaded the patch after I'd recorded; others i probably put to patch on first and then recorded. I don't think I changed any other setting when recording...not knowingly anyway. But I recorded things a bit randomly, so lead vocals, low harmonies, high harmonies, other backing vocals etc (there are quite a lot of different things going on) are all jumbled up across different tracks....so I want to sort them out so that e.g. lead vocal is all on one track, as otherwise it's going to be a total nightmare for mixing.

The problem is that if I cut and paste a recorded region into a different track sometimes, but not always, it shifts the pitch of the vocal in that region, sometimes by like a semi tone or something, sometimes by lots so that it sounds like i recorded on helium. Sometimes it doesn't change it at all. It seems completely random.

And I've also found that if I try to change the patch to something else on a particular track, it will pitch shift some regions in the track. Some, but not others...again it seems to be completely random.....

Anyone got any ideas what might be going on here???? I'm going bonkers!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:20:12 AM »
That sounds horrendous. I have no idea what's going on. Sounds to me like one of your tracks may have a pitch corrector with the settings turned up too high?

Here's what I'd do: disable all patches/plugins and listen to your raw audio. Or copy/ paste all your raw audio into a new project. Or start a blank project and add your raw audio under 'import audio file' (the raw audio will be located in your Original Project Folder/ Audio Files)

Sounds pretty scary though...

But if you want, you could send me your logic project and I could have a look?
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:38:19 AM »
Ahhhhh thanks tone...... That'd be amazing if you don't mind me sending it to you.... I'd be super grateful....although also worried I might send you insane too!

I've tried turning off all the plugins etc already but it didn't seem to help. And also deleted a load of busses that I think must have got created by me loading the patches (thousands of them it seems), but that didn't seem to actually be being used... And I tried copy and pasting into a new project, but that didn't work either - it still shifted the pitch in odd random regions.

I haven't tried the import audio file suggestion yet... I will try it now...

Would you mind having a look??.... I bet it'll be like one of those things where you've got something wrong with you and when you go to the doctor, it's magically disappeared....

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 11:41:49 AM »
Send it over Becky, you've got my email. If this is the last communication y'all ever get from me, you know who to blame ;) :D

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »
Thanks tone.....

I think it's too big to attach to an email... I'm trying to Dropbox it but that's saying "3 hours left" to upload....  If it ever gets there on the upload, does that mean it'd take just as long to download at your end?

I've obviously hammered something without realising it....

Ominously enough, the song is called "Call Me Crazy"..........  :o

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »
haha classic! No, upload speed tends to be a lot slower than download speed, so I'd expect it to download in 5-10 mins. We'll see, eh?

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:30:45 PM »
This has me baffled as well, although I don't know logic or macs very well

I may have a quick fix for you though...

Toggle Flex Pitch on and off for the tracks you are having problems with and that may clear your issues and give you your original sound back
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 12:31:49 PM »
Ok, I'll email you the link..... Have to go out soon with computer in tow, so it might not finish until... Ummm June 2023 ish

Thanks!!!  ;D

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 06:49:33 PM »
Boydie you are a GENIUS!!!

You solved my problem - I found it, and it worked.

I don't really understand what this flex thing was doing or why it was randomly turning itself on and off..... another mystery for another day....

For today, I am sorted!

And Tone, you are safe from the insanity!!!!

Thank you both superlatively!  ;D

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 06:51:55 PM »
Yay! Way to go Boydie, you now really are the official forum tech :D So glad you have it sorted Becky :)