konalavadome

Complete song (feedback?), Swedish lyrics, English would be nice... [Collab?]

• 1 Replies

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« on: April 21, 2015, 03:29:14 PM »
Posting this in WIP even though I consider this one done apart from one tiny detail... it's sung in Swedish! Nothing wrong with that but it kind of limits the target group so to speak  :'(

So, any input on the song as such, including production etc are as always very much appreciated but it would also be great if someone would pick up the glove and try to come up an English version.
This is the first song I'v ever written in Swedish and I find it impossible to come up with an English version, I'm probably so biased by the original that I cannot "think ouitside the box". I have some fragments that could maybe be used as a starting point if anyone is interested.

Anyway, a good song is always a good song even if it's incomprehensible for anyone not being one of the 9 million Swedes, so enjoy!

Btw, any references to the Swedish chef in the Muppet show is very much not encouraged  ;D

https://soundcloud.com/jambrains/springa-tills-du-stupa
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:31:42 PM by Jambrains »

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »
I'd be happy to attempt English Language lyrics for this.  The only thing I'd need from you is an idea of what it's currently about. 

Unless you  just want me to start completely fresh and find a lyric from what the music says to me. 

Let me know. 

No obligation to use the lyric and vocal treatment I come up with unless you want it.  PM me if you would like me to work on this. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.