konalavadome

Angel Of Love (Little Child)

• 10 Replies

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« on: March 15, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »
Hi,
                           https://soundcloud.com/marrianna-h

This song is part of a story I wrote about a little girl who was missing her elder sister. She heard her sister singing this song to her to give her reassurance.Now I am unsure about the backing and instrumental which, to me sounds too mournful. I am thinking that high strings would sound brighter.The song was sung by a friend and I have 2 versions. This one is with a 'whispery' sound but she also sang without the 'whispers'.

Angel of Love                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

v1
                                 Little child, when you’re lonely
                                 Little child with no hope
                                 Close your eyes, hear the wisdom
                                 In these words to help you cope
                                 Did you know ’mid the whiteness
                                 Of the clouds high above
                                 Are the wings of an Angel            
                                 Angel of Love
v2
                                 Little child, hush your crying
                                 Little child, you need to smile
                                 Let your heart keep believing
                                 There’s a Heaven all the while
                                 In the clouds there’s the sunshine
                                 A bright light that shines above
                                 They’re the wings and the halo
                                 Of the Angel of Love

Chorus
                                 Clouds of white, sunshine bright
                                 A breeze from high above
                                 Clouds so white, Angel light
                                 Angel of Love

v3
                                Little child, there’s a future
                                Little child, there’s love for you
                                Just be strong, true and trusting
                                Be yourself in all you do
                                Little child, there’s a songbird
                                In the gentle breeze above
                                That’s the voice of an angel
                                Angel of Love

Chorus
        &                     Clouds of white, sunshine bright
   Repeat                  A breeze from high above
                                Clouds so white, Angel light   
                                 Angel of Love   

copyright words & music Marrianna2001/20015
'Francesca And The Rainflowers' (story).                                                 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:00:40 PM by Marrianna »

onemanband

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »
Hello Marrianna,

I think it is amazing you are posting this in the "works in progress" thread sounds fantastic to me. Very well recorded and performed.

It seems to be following a hymn meter and I think that is why during that first high note of the chorus my ear was desperate to hear a bass part descending along side it. I notice you tend to post mainly in the "lyrics" or "collab" sections so not too sure how much control you have over the music side of things but just a small suggestion.

Apart from that I thought it was excellent

Well done, although I warn you my expectations are high now for when you "upgrade" this to the finished thread.

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 11:15:59 PM »
Hello Marrianna,

I think it is amazing you are posting this in the "works in progress" thread sounds fantastic to me. Very well recorded and performed.

It seems to be following a hymn meter and I think that is why during that first high note of the chorus my ear was desperate to hear a bass part descending along side it. I notice you tend to post mainly in the "lyrics" or "collab" sections so not too sure how much control you have over the music side of things but just a small suggestion.

Apart from that I thought it was excellent

Well done, although I warn you my expectations are high now for when you "upgrade" this to the finished thread.

Hi onemanband,

Thankyou for your comments and the bass idea. I am not sure whether you mean instrumentally or vocally but am thinking about it either way. Thankyou. :)

I have full control over the music side of things and so can make changes to it as I want to.
I will listen to the other mix, when I can, to see how it compares with this one.

Thankyou very, very much for your time in listening and commenting. :)

Marrianna

onemanband

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 12:42:09 AM »
I heard it as a low bass line (instrumental) I can hear there is a bass line descending throughout the chorus. But I am hearing a bass guitar or piano playing a counter point little melody underneath starting on the same beat as the high note.

As I said it was only a small suggestion purely because of how hymn like the over all song felt.

Good luck.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 04:52:42 PM »
Marrianna,
Not really my cup of tea but nicely done lullaby, with the music suiting the lyrics and the singers vocals.
Liked the changing chords towards the end.
Thoughts - Do make sure that Angle of Love is clear in the mix. And I'd have tried to end it around 3.30 mark
 :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

jamieF

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 12:09:17 PM »
Not entirely to my taste but I do like your way with words. Your talent certainly shows. Have you thought about offering this to a "Worship" singer to perform? They should be falling over themselves to record it.
Epitaph on a blues singers tombstone: "I didn't wake up this morning......"

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
Hi Jamie

Many thanks for your comment. :)

I will try to think of someone to send it to as a 'hymn'.

I had to give up on getting any further with it but this recording was heard by a lot of people who voted for it in a contest. It also went to a film-company but as part of a story I wrote which I thought could be an animated film. It was liked but no offer was made, sadly. :(

I then changed the words and so moved on from Angel Of Love. Now, I will go back to it and see what can be done in a Hymn style.

Thankyou
Marrianna

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 07:08:47 AM »
Beautiful and thoughtful lyric.  Very deep.   I didn't go listen, because I want to get a sense of the lyric and see what I would predict for music before I go listen. 

I'm a songwriter.  Might as well make the listening an interesting learning experience at the same time as I review it.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 11:49:32 PM »
Okay.  I just went and listened.   The vocal treatment was perfect.  Simply perfect.  Loved it and wouldn't change a thing.  There are few songs that I sing that I don't change something on.  Even on songs from the best artists on the planet, I don't "mimic" the performer who originally sang the song.  I find my own way to sing it. 

A select few songs, I mimic, simply because they sound so perfect to me that I can't bear to change them.  This vocal treatment is one of those that I would mimic.  I really, really, couldn't find a thing to change in how this was sung.

I did not "love" the accompaniment as much as I loved the vocal treatment.  I suspect that if the vocal was featured more and the accompaniment were "less featured" I'd like it just fine. 

Simple matter of turning up the (absolutely perfect imo) vocals, and turning down the accompaniment.  Not throughout the song, but anytime the vocal competes with the accompaniment for attention, I'd turn down the accompaniment. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 11:39:31 PM »
This is a catchy MOR song.

I agree that there could be a definite religious pitch with this with a rewrite if you chose that path.

The only thing that I would change would be rerecording the acoustic miced up instead of DI'd.

It needs some air in there.

Well done.

Alan.

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 05:43:23 PM »
Hi Alan,

Thankyou for taking the time to listen and comment. I think Barbara sang with a pre-recorded B.T. and so that could be how the guitar has got a bit lost in the later mix. I will have to check with the original. Will remember what to ask for if I have it recorded again. Thanks.

Marrianna  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:17:19 PM by Marrianna »