The Wall

• 6 Replies

postmn

• Solo Gig
  • I am not done listening to myself
« on: May 20, 2011, 07:57:48 PM »
Some how i have managed to get writers block, after a day, when i wrote loads of songs and know i can't even come up with lyrics to instrumentals or even make a good beat in my head, im pretty scared

massa

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »
You'll be fine. Just have a break mate!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »
Yes, writer's block thrives on fear, so the best way to tackle it is to give it a little down-time. Go for a walk, spend time with your friends, watch a film, give your mind a rest. The ideas will begin to flow again in good time.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Sonic-r

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 02:20:44 PM »
One way to deal with writer's block is to just accept it as part of life. It always comes to an end so use the time to do other things in life. Self doubt won't help. Accept the inevitable and then when you're writing again we'll all say 'told you so.'  :)

Chris

the_end_choir

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 03:11:37 AM »
i think I've decided writers block is worse than chlamydia, not that i've had the misfortune of contracting chlamydia but it's got to be worse rite?  anyway in all seriousness writers block, i think, is just another challenge and once your over it like, you end up better than before...

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 05:07:01 AM »
I agree with the end choir here. Chess, not your hero and superheroes are a necessity, not a convenience (my 3 best by far) were all written after serious bouts of writers block
Defective Elector

gas 66

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »
Some how i have managed to get writers block, after a day, when i wrote loads of songs and know i can't even come up with lyrics to instrumentals or even make a good beat in my head, im pretty scared

....... it's funny you should say that you know, only last week i was sitting in the boozer thinking the same thing. Then suddenly it dawned on me that i could write a tune about being in the boozer, so i got a bit of paper off the gaffer and started scribbling anything ( i just needed to break the block). When i got home i got the 4 track out and recorded it, this is the result....
http://soundcloud.com/gas-66/supp-your-ale