"I Am the Earth"

• 15 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 07:36:05 AM »
First of all your title "I Am the Earth" is prefect for your lyrics i see many cultures many nations but most of all continents in your words but forgive me your music sounds like a preacher looking down upon them, what i like to do is sit within lyrics and let them tell me what way they like to go and then we have a conversation, as i said your title "I Am the Earth" is prefect for your lyrics.

You got something here that sounds like taking a walk through a forest and hugging a tree so im hoping you're not reading my words the wrong way but i really do like your lyrics but also im thinking your music is taking the old long way around in other words the scenic route is not just along the coastal line but also a walk through a forest.

I'm hearing your music is in the back ground but the front line is strings but vocals has to be heard in such a way that your title "I Am the Earth" has to be understood.

Nice one Verlon.

Thank you for that well considered critique.  Your observation rings very true.  This was a poem long before it became a lyric, and I'm a far better poet/lyricist than writer of music.  Regarding your comment on a "walk through a forest" I considered an additional verse.  In your opinion would that be a good idea? 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.