konalavadome

Pitching songs

• 1 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:19:53 PM »
I've spent this evening pitching a song or two and looking at relevant org.s that say they want stuff.
The temptation  is to offer to all and sundry , and if anyone shows the slightest interest ,hit the dotted line, so i've had to use self control and not do this esp with my better work......

Had an automated reply from a Nashville producer that my submission would be listened to, and sent an email to a woman who's looking to co write her next single...she has a 'name' behind her..not famous ,but without saying who! ,nearly all of you will know a section of a very well known song that they played......ah ,that's got you interested......see if anything comes of it.....it's exhausting work.. :)

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:12:58 PM »
I think a lot of this comes down to successfully acquiring contacts or more succinctly the RIGHT contacts. I've found that sometimes the RIGHT contacts - let's face it we aren't talking Simon Cowell or LA Reid - aren't always the obvious 'industry' folk we expect. Sometimes it can be someone that  works for the likes of the PRS, GISC or for a label or publisher in some capacity that is not necessarily A&R but that can get a demo to such people to at least have a quick (emphasis on QUICK!) listen on a lunch break etc. There's also Brit school graduates who have a lot of links and potential- not to mention talent too. Upcoming young and fresh artists with management and label interest are also a good bet especially if they are looking a demo to shore up label interest in them as an act and you are simply looking success as a writer.

Still no short cut to sure success and  it still involves baby steps but it can certainly make the task easier if not a little shorter ;)