Signed to a Nashville publisher today...

• 19 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 11:16:43 AM »
Yes Alan i can well believe your timeline of events...and for some out there thats reasonably successful  ....3 years sounds a long time ,but it isn't ....10 years of hard work is an average timespan anyone should  factor in to their music making.....and i wish i had been more aware of that myself..15 months ago...still ;) ::)

My own experiences so far are:

November /DEC  2014: Flossie and me get 'wild on the run ' published with Lyric house Publishing Colorado ...

I then had 6 more demos made..3 of them co-writes....sent them off to the same pub. no replies!.........then about 4 weeks ago i sent another email directed at the owner and got referred to Daniel in their new L.A office...and so i wait.

Theres many options...you can publish your stuff with TUNECORE for example....but i don't recommended this.......the most serious pubs are out of touch.....so a good independant with some sort of track record is the best option ,at least for me.

The 'pass' rate is very high and of course theres the charlatans out there ,that on the surface look very interesting ,but are out to exploit..

Heyho

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 11:00:06 PM »
Congratulations Alan.

rlp85

• Busker
    • RobPhillimore.com
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 01:22:10 AM »
Great track, peaceful, yet haunting.
Great work. well done and all the best.
Rob
Live, Love, Sing

skogge

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 01:11:08 PM »
Congrats, and thanks for the insight! Hope the hard work pays off :)

THEFLAVES

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 01:19:53 PM »
Alan - congrats on the Nashville deal. Believe is a great song - well deserved.

Thanks also for posting insight in the challenging process. A really great and useful plus inspiring post.

Ian

(Country fan)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:23:12 PM by THEFLAVES »