konalavadome

A songwriter in the making

• 2 Replies

sarepaar

• Busker
« on: December 27, 2014, 02:02:55 AM »
Hello everyone!
My name is Sarah I'm 21 years old and I am currently living and studying in Amsterdam. I'm Dutch so if I make any mistakes in English I apologise in adavance. If I do, please tell me. I like to improve my english.:) Also because I write my songs in English.

Just last summer I finally built up the courage to play a few covers in front of people, and the response has been very good! This encouraged me to start writing my own songs, which has been a bit of a struggle. I have been trying to write some things while being busy as a student. For now I have not finished an entire song yet so I will probably not post any of my own songs for a while(I am very critical too ;)) but I am curious about the experiences of other songwriters. I hope it will help my songwriting too. My guitar skills and musical knowledge are not that great either so I hope my opinion is still valued.

Looking forward to reading and posting here!

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 08:29:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum Sarah,

I'm sure you'll get a lot of very good advice as we are a friendly bunch. You might like to have a look at the work in progress, lyrics and collaboration sections. Having a partially completed song is ok and you may find someone who'll help you make your initial ideas into a finished song.

Good luck,

Keith

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »
Hej Sarah

Welcome to the forum! Please don't apologise; your English is so much better than my Dutch ;) I hope you enjoy the friendly atmosphere we have here.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l