konalavadome

Acoustic Solutions Mini Keyboard

• 4 Replies

lisalulu09

• Busker
  • Me and Alex from Elliot Minor. *_* <3
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:36:37 PM »
Hi. :)

I've got an Acoustic Solutions Mini Keyboard in silver (see here at the Argos website http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5407536/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|14419512.htm) and I have a question concerning it: how do I connect it to my laptop? All the audio cables I've come across are Midi ones, and I don't know if the keyboard can use those, if you get what I mean. Google is not being helpful.  >:(

Thanks in advance. :)
When the drums come in and the keys get louder...
~The Broken Minor by Elliot Minor

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 03:54:06 PM »
Hi lisa
What sockets does your keyboard have for audio output?  I depends on the keyboard as to how to connect it to your laptop.  If it's got no midi ports, the best way is likely to be just a simple cable to connect the audio out from the keyboard to the audio in on your laptop.  Of course, this will simply pipe raw audio to your computer, you won't be able to make use of midi or virtual instruments.

Give me a bit more information, and I'll try to be more helpful.  What plans do you have once the keyboard is connected to the laptop?

:)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

lisalulu09

• Busker
  • Me and Alex from Elliot Minor. *_* <3
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:27:46 PM »
Hi lisa
What sockets does your keyboard have for audio output?  I depends on the keyboard as to how to connect it to your laptop.  If it's got no midi ports, the best way is likely to be just a simple cable to connect the audio out from the keyboard to the audio in on your laptop.  Of course, this will simply pipe raw audio to your computer, you won't be able to make use of midi or virtual instruments.

Give me a bit more information, and I'll try to be more helpful.  What plans do you have once the keyboard is connected to the laptop?

Oh, it just has one of those simple 'out' sockets, if you get what I mean. Where can you get a simple audio cable - what sort of shops? I'm planning to record with it - I'm currently going for Audicity (any suggestions for othereasy-to-use multi-recording freeware wouldn't go amiss). And when you say that I won't be able to use virtual instruments, what do you mean?  ???
When the drums come in and the keys get louder...
~The Broken Minor by Elliot Minor

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:14:48 PM »
What I mean when I say you won't be able to use virtual instruments is that once plugged in, you won't be able to use your keyboard to play any sounds other than the ones pre-loaded on your keyboard - ie not any sounds loaded onto your computer.

You can get the audio cable you need from a music shop I expect, or why not check out studiospares? Maybe Ebay?  You can get that sort of thing really easily :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

DJ SuperRaveman

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »
Hi lisa

Oh, it just has one of those simple 'out' sockets, if you get what I mean. Where can you get a simple audio cable - what sort of shops? I'm planning to record with it - I'm currently going for Audicity (any suggestions for othereasy-to-use multi-recording freeware wouldn't go amiss). And when you say that I won't be able to use virtual instruments, what do you mean?  ???

Hello Lisa I Am DJ SuperRaveman and i know a software of which you can use to record your own songs that is miles way better than Audicity which is known as FL Studio 11 or also known as Fruity Loops Studio 11, its the program i use to create my own hardcore, terror, speedcore and extraone songs but you can create absolutely anything with that software from orchestra, pop, classical, rock, reggae, folk, trance, techno, dubstep, drum n bass, hardcore, terror, speedcore, extratone, doomcore, darkcore, heavy metal, industrial. I literally mean anything. they have a massive selection of instruments, effects and everything else, and if you don't want to use the piano roll then buy a midi keyboard and use that to create your own melodies or music, plus you can record your vocals provided that you do have a microphone to record your singing voice but also do remember that when you go into options and that your on the audio option to change the audio to ASIO4ALL as thats the only way you can record your voice, you can even alter your voice to whatever way you like, trust me that program is the best yolu will ever find. I sold my acoustic solutions keyboard as i got FL Studio but do want a midi keyboard to use to create even better melodies hehe. I hope my quote has helped you :)
Many regards,
DJ SuperRaveman
Live For The Power Of Hardcore Music
Embrace In The Awesomeness Of The Hard Kicks
And Lose Yourself In The Brilliance Of The Melody
[Dance Hard]  [Rave Harder]
    [Hardcore All The Way]
DJSR