konalavadome

"Challange": A Song needs English Lyrics

• 14 Replies

MartinG

• Busker
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:31:50 PM »
Hello,

I´ve recorded a simple, rough Demo of one of my Songs...
The song would Need English Lyrics.

Feel free to listen to the demo here:
https://soundcloud.com/melahide/vier-minuten-demo

Now here would be the deal: If you are on for this Little challange, listen to the Song, write English Lyrics which fits the melody and post it here or send it to me via Email, will you?
I will produce the demo and look for a singer :)

So - give it a try :)

MartinG

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 08:26:01 AM »
Hello,

someone Emailed me and suggested that a manuscript (or maybe the original german lyrics) would become Handy :).

Vier Minuten

Verse
Spiel mit der Gedankenwelt
Verloren in der Ewigkeit
Such ich mich selber auf dem Grund
Dort wo die Träume blühen

Ich werde heute Nacht nicht bei dir sein
Ich hoffe Du verstehst
Du hast doch alles und ich hoff nur
Dass diese Nacht vergeht

Chorus
Die Zeit steht auf Veränderung
Doch ich ändere mich nicht selbst
Du sagst ich brauch mehr Frieden
Verrühr ihn mir mit Eis
Und wenn Du mich kurz da sein lässt
Werde ich in vier Minuten gehen
Dann hab ich alles
Und du hast Deinen Frieden auch

Verse
Ich wünschte mir aus tiefster Seele
Dass ich mich verändern könnte
Du mir ein paar Züge gibst,
Die mir jetzt noch fehlen

Mach mich zu dem der Trinkgeld gibt
Das Haus mit Bildern schmückt
Der mit Fremden gern Gespräche führt
Und ausgeglichen ist

Chorus
Die Zeit steht auf Veränderung
Verrühr ihn mir mit Eis
Dann hab ich alles und Du hast Deinen Frieden auch

Bridge
Ich weiß dass es dich traurig macht
Dass ich immer so zynisch bin
Doch es liegt nunmal tief in mir
Doch wenn du dich um mich bemühst
Wird meine Bitterkeit vergehen
Und der Frieden den du spürst kommt auch zu mir

Chorus
Die Zeit steht für Veränderung
Verrühr ihn mir mit Eis
Dann hast du alles und ich hab meinen Frieden auch

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 12:02:18 PM »
Deleted for rewrite to something more appropriate.

Marrianna.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:59:52 PM by Marrianna »

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 02:30:21 PM »
Hi Wallabie
Here is my effort at putting some words for the song 4 Minutes.

There are some lines which might need adjusting. The second line especially may need some tweaking
and in the bridge.
There could be more work to do if you like it as far as it is at the moment. I have tried to base the words on your ideas you sent me.

4 Minutes                                         ©Marian H. Dec 2014 English words

deleted by Marrianna as, sadly, there has been no reply to my latest post.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:00:09 AM by Marrianna »

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 06:35:26 PM »
Hi,

I hope it is alright to bring the above back to the front page, just in case Wallabie has a look in on the forum but misses my post. I would love to know if I was anywhere near getting the English words to replace the German lyrics. It was difficult, especially as the piano accompaniment became more and more pronounced in the second part and so couldn't hear how the German words sat with the melody.

I wonder if anyone else had a try, and how they got on. Also, if they know if Wallabie will be looking in at any time before Christmas?

Marrianna   :)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 08:32:15 PM »
Hi Wallabie,

I expect you have been busy over Christmas but this is just to ask if you will be replying to my lyrics I posted on here? Just wondering, really, as you have posted a lyric of your own in the Lyrics section. ???

Marrianna

MartinG

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 06:51:20 PM »
Hi Marianna,

I am so so so so so so so so so sorry for the late reply. i was a hell lot of busy. We had our traditional Christmas Show on 19th of December, a lot of rehearsals and then the Show itself, got a Little too drum this night :). Then Christmas, Familiy, Friends and too much work around :(. Sorry for that.

I really liked what you made. Mind if I have a try again? Would be lovely. I really like it. Really.
Really. Truely Amazing!

The only thing I am thinking about now. Don't know if it is possible or not, because many things don't really make sence in English when I mess around with a lyric, that's why I Need to ask you, as a Native.

Do you think it is possible to Change the Chorus lines 3+4? I am just thinking of something ... don*t know what or why... "You say, in Need more peace in my life, I*ll take it on the rocks".... just to make the alcohol-thing not too obvious? What do you think about this?

The rest of the Lyric is really lovely and perfectly written... cool :)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 10:19:36 PM »

Wallabie,

Thankyou for your reply. I hope you had a good Christmas and am pleased you like the words I posted.

I realized there may be some changes needed and so I don't mind whatever you feel you want to alter in those lines of the chorus.

With best wishes
Marrianna

tinkeler

• Busker
    • My lyrics lounge
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 11:45:03 AM »
hi, i can see this project has already been taken, if you have another song that needs help with lyrics pls let me know
Owen.G

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 04:12:31 PM »
Hi Marianna,

I am so so so so so so so so so sorry for the late reply. i was a hell lot of busy. We had our traditional Christmas Show on 19th of December, a lot of rehearsals and then the Show itself, got a Little too drum this night :). Then Christmas, Familiy, Friends and too much work around :(. Sorry for that.

I really liked what you made. Mind if I have a try again? Would be lovely. I really like it. Really.
Really. Truely Amazing!

The only thing I am thinking about now. Don't know if it is possible or not, because many things don't really make sence in English when I mess around with a lyric, that's why I Need to ask you, as a Native.

Do you think it is possible to Change the Chorus lines 3+4? I am just thinking of something ... don*t know what or why... "You say, in Need more peace in my life, I*ll take it on the rocks".... just to make the alcohol-thing not too obvious? What do you think about this?

The rest of the Lyric is really lovely and perfectly written... cool :)

Hi there Wallabie,  wherever you are,

As it seems a lifetime since you wrote on here about your interest in the words I wrote and so thought I would just post and ask how you are getting on and if there is any work in progress? I was really keen to hear how the lyrics worked with your music.

Would you be able to just reply to let me know if anything is happening or not.

Thankyou and with good wishes
Marrianna  :)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »
4 Minutes

I thought I would dig these words out which I wrote as part of a 'challenge' set by 'Wallabie'.

I was sorry not to have heard any more as to whether anything else would be happening with the song.

Maybe Wallabie will see this and let me know if all interest has gone. I am sorry for asking, especially if there are other circumstances that have stood in the way of completing the song. It would just be nice to know as I enjoyed trying to write the words I came up with.

With Best Wishes from
Marrianna     :)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 01:06:09 AM »
Wallabie:

I'm sorry you don't seem to be around and hope all is well.

I hope you won't mind but have deleted the words from here now but you can get in touch if ever you need to on my hotmail address. I enjoyed the Challenge' you set.  :)

Marrianna

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 03:40:09 PM »
Hello Marrianna,

should you be worried about "Wallabie's" well-being, Martin is well - at least he was until August 10th when he last posted in Facebook. I had actually reminded him a while ago to get in contact with you and not keep you in the dark. Some matter of priorities, I guess...

I noted that you have had some successful collaborations here. Keep it up and have fun!

Bernd

Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 06:51:18 PM »
Hello Marrianna,

should you be worried about "Wallabie's" well-being, Martin is well - at least he was until August 10th when he last posted in Facebook. I had actually reminded him a while ago to get in contact with you and not keep you in the dark. Some matter of priorities, I guess...

I noted that you have had some successful collaborations here. Keep it up and have fun!

Bernd

Thanks Bernd 
It is nice of you to let me know.
Marrianna :)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 05:55:15 PM »
Hello Marrianna,

Bernd

Thanks Bernd 
It is nice of you to let me know.

Hi Bernd and everyone,

I had a message from Wallabie .. Martin, but it looks as if nothing will be happening with the English words I wrote for reasons of 'moving on' etc. Although it is a pity as I would have loved to have heard the song completed with vocals, it was an experience to have a go and changing words from one language to another without a music lead sheet was a challenge in itself.

Nevertheless, I like trying different things and I enjoyed the 'Challenge' Wallabie (Martin) set. If a finished song did result eventually with lyrics other than mine, it would be good to hear it some time and to know how it worked out.

Lots of Luck