The Moon

• 7 Replies

Zelig

• Busker
    • Isocelus
« on: May 12, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »
Hi,
You saw the lyrics before and here comes the song! Thanks to all of you for all your helpful suggestions. In the end we fell for Pablo’s «is scheming tonight». Here’s a rehearsal of the song. Any thoughts are welcome!

http://soundcloud.com/nil-aramis/the-moon

Rehearsing "The Moon" Live - April 23rd

The moon is scheming tonight
The earth is tilting while
The tide is turning.
Everything's under water but a slight
Perception of your frame
that's emerging.
Only fate, now and us

The dark that scares the world
is dimmed by the reflection
of the warm ocean
A glimmer of the light that shows your shape
but lets your Secrets escape
into the blackness.
But the future is so bright

Chorus
By choosing the moment when the dark is right
I have lost myself but not my night

The sea is spreading its waves
And in the mighty swell,
Our bodies by inertia
My hand Silhouetted against the moon
is shadowing some places that could be mine soon
In the water,far and near

Chorus

But now, the sun is rising
The mystery has gone
Everything's clear.
This obviousness is all I fear
All I want to hide from
So I'm waiting
For the darkness, the waves and us

Chorus

massa

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:03:48 PM »
Have you got Bjork locked up in a bottle up there on the moon?

It should have been my suggestion - "The moon is Noel Fielding tonight"  ;D

This is really brilliant, you capture such an eerie emotion there. I actually love it!

Sonic-r

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:20:28 PM »
This is what happens when you stare too long at the moon. :-O

It starts almost like a broadcast from space, like digital signals of sound, the vocals pulsing. Then the layering of sound adds the piano and the second voice. It's certainly an intriguing sound and the arrangement is very assertive in spite of its simplicity.

I have to admit after hearing The Bug I was expecting another mixture of world sounds, but this is about as diverse as you can get. Very brave (not to be confused with the politician's 'courageous!'), it doesn't compromise and if the listener is prepared to go with it there are rewards. It evoked images of some noir arthouse scenario, suggestive of some lunar shenanigans going on.

Chris

Zelig

• Busker
    • Isocelus
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 03:18:04 PM »
Hi Massa and thanks a lot,
I keep your "The moon is Noel Fielding tonight" suggestion for the CD bonus or a Christmas remix. I’ll let you know.
I don’t know much about Björk. I basically know the commercial (?) stuff like Human Behaviour. So I don’t think we are that influenced by her. But I do know that this is a great compliment and I’m really grateful for it. You’ve made me want to listen more to her.

Chris,
Thanks. Very nice comment.Yes it’s different from The Bug, which is partly explained by the fact that The Bug was an old project that we improved by changing the lyrics and rerecording the vocals.
Now, we are trying completely new things and exploring new directions. I guess you could say we are trying to surprise ourselves.

postmn

• Solo Gig
  • I am not done listening to myself
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 03:28:35 PM »
this is like a mixture of Bon Iver and Kanye west and it works and it also reminds me of  Nancy Sinatra Bang Bang
nice work, love it

Bad Robot

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
Fabulous exploration of the darker side of music, well written. Its nice to see that people are still trying to move this style forward. I really really like this

kicked

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 10:33:28 PM »
Hello Zelig
               Great to hear something so different,you have great command of your arrangements,Is that you playing Zelig?.You could do some wicked freeform jazz, almost abstract.Great female vocals were an aquired taste but became dripping in caracter.If you don't mind me saying,I thought the male vocals too upfront and pushed the female vocals straight into the background which was detrimental to my ears.I,d like to have heard the male vocals further back and softer.One more thing,sorry! perhaps a little too long.I expected it was going to finish at about 4 mins,to leave me wanting more and more.

Its very odd talking like this about someone else's music,but i'm going with the vibe of the forum, and really good music needs commenting on.

Roo/kicked
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:38:02 PM by kicked »

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »
this is fantastic, great style, song and performance, thank you.

dan