Composer looking for female lyricist

• 3 Replies

MartinG

• Busker
« on: November 23, 2014, 08:00:48 PM »
Hey there,

it`s Martin, I´m a 35 year old austrian Songwriter/Producer/Instrumentalist....right now I am working on my diploma in Audio Engineering.

Well, I love Music. Over the years, a couple of my Songs got published by unknown Artists (I think, the "most successful" song sold 1000 copies. Yahu) :)/>/>/>. Right now  i am working on a Solo-Album with German Lyrics.

I would love to do some Songs with English Lyrics as well. English is not my first language. Therefore it is not easy for my, to express myself in English. So, obiously, I would need a Lyricist to help out :)/>/>/>.

First of all - I am not this type of guy who is trying to write the next "Top 40 Hit Song". I am not really interessted in this Kind of Music. I am more intressted in Indie Pop/Acoustic Pop/Acoustic Ballads, I love the Music of Damian Rice, The Frames and Dennis Wilson. So, therefore, I am looking for a Lyricist who is willing to tell a Story, someone who is not going for rymes like moon and june, who is writing in an unique, honest style and who is writing about true emotions.

To give you an idea - I really love the lyrical works of Scott Bennett, Van Dyke Parks, Bob Dylan and Leonhard Cohan for sure, and many many indie bands who write in a unique and new way. I really love lyrics using Imperfect rymes. The most important Thing for me would be - write because you love writing. Write what you think. Tell a Story and have something to say that is worth to be said. And Forget about rules and regulations... :)/> Be unique. 

I would not mind (in Austria I`d say - I would prefer), if a female Lyricist would be willing to have a go. And I would not mind if we could Team-up for a Long-term partnership :)/>/>/>

RosilindSings

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 09:06:25 PM »
Hello there. I am Avery. From the USA. I am very interested. I think the meaning of lyrics are most important then just writing a catchy song. Some of my musical influences are Lights(Canadian singer/songwriter), Stevie nicks, Billy Joel, and kurt cobain, just to name a few. I would love to discuss this further with you to see if i am what you are looking for.

Cookieraider007

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:24:42 AM »
Hi Martin!

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to try writing a few lyrics for you.  My writing is usually about personal experiences because those are easier to write about, but I'd love to try writing about some other topics. I've already written a few song lyrics that go out on a limb for me.
If you're interested send me a message and I'll send you some samples of my writing :)

Cookieraider007

MartinG

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »
Hello Boys and Girls,

how are you all. I´m willing to have a look at any Lyrical work. Most of the times, when I read a good lyric, a melody Comes to my mind while reading. ... and if this happens, we have a collaboration :)

:)