• 19 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 10:48:38 PM »
Alan from devon I think!!
songwriter of no repute..

Dogmax

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 11:26:57 PM »
STC great to hear two of the greats on this forum are recording your great lyrics, nice one Man, if you want my honesty i say mix the two together, i mean that seem to be the favourite on stage in these young but never forgotten old days, old style and new.

Great tracks you two, great lyrics STC.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 11:36:11 PM »
STC great to hear two of the greats on this forum are recording your great lyrics, nice one Man, if you want my honesty i say mix the two together, i mean that seem to be the favourite on stage in these young but never forgotten old days, old style and new.

Great tracks you two, great lyrics STC.

Cheers Dogmax

prstoncoleoakley

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 11:53:05 PM »
sounds amazing and great lyrics very inspirational i wish i had even ten percent of your talent keep it up (y)

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »
Mr Starkie:

Great work. The lyrics work great in the song you have created, the slightly dark descending melodies especially, and those lovely harmonies. It's interesting how STC will have an idea in his head where the song should go and the points he makes are very considered. It is always tricky to try to get into someone else's head. I have done a bunch of commisions myself and that is always the big part to break thru!

Mr Walker:

Very different. I like the shuffle feel to the strumming. I feel that this version would benefit from more of an arrangement. It is very simple as stands and I veered off from listening towards the end. Some instrumental breaks perhaps, but that would risk either becoming too long or having to edit down the lyrics

STC

A very evocative set of lyrics. No wonder a few people have latched onto it! Great work and I hope something comes of them

JNx

www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk