• Open Mic
« on: September 22, 2014, 08:15:18 PM »
if you can spare the time.... :-\

https://soundcloud.com/dutchbeat-1/endless-smiles

Bin and I would really appreciate feedback on this

Jon Lamson

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:32:53 AM »
Cool vibe... how did you get the backing vocals? It's pretty cool, you should really try to find a way to put lyrics. Everything works reasonably well, but the song may not have enough power to get by solely as an instrumental. All it needs is for the listener to have something to sing along to.

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:24:56 AM »
Hi Guys,

The overall feel is good and beachy and sunny.

I would agree about whether it's strong enough to keep a listeners attention as it stands (I jumped around from 1 min in to 2 to 3 etc and there wasn't much difference).

Depending on whether it's for you or 'us', I would do some editing and cut it down maybe by a minute or so.

DB - have a look at .48 - I think you have a sample glitch.

Bin - excellent guitar work as usual.

I'd reinforce a couple of the riffs to act as verse/chorus parts so we have something more solid to connect with in the song.

Alan.

Dutchbeat

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:58:34 PM »
thanks Alan and Jon,

yes i have some glitches in this, it looks like one of the guitar tracks may have been recorded a bit too loud, it has a few clicks... :P :P :P. Could alos be my poor mixing but i have not managed to get rid of that yet..

and yes, shortening it will be good, and perhaps vocals or a more defined structure as far as the riffs are concerned to keep it interesting....

thanks!!!!!

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:34:05 PM »
I would agree about whether it's strong enough to keep a listeners attention as it stands (I jumped around from 1 min in to 2 to 3 etc and there wasn't much difference).

I concur with Alan - it doesn't keep the listener's attention (well it does, in the sense that we all love listening to anything than Bin plays), but notwithstanding that - it doesn't have the dynamic of Love Bomb - now that really does put a smile on my face. 

Overall, it's nice to hear talented musicians jamming  :) :)

J.

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 08:47:17 PM »
It's a great sound, enormous! Personally I could listen to this all day long (good driving music) but I suppose for wider appeal a bit more texture change here and there would create more of a journey for the listener, let them know where they are at in the song. I love the melodies and all the different sounds coming from all over but there is a lot of sound competing for the same tone range (hope that makes sense); maybe something mellow in there might emphasise the other parts a bit more.
In the seventies you could have made it 20 minutes long (those were the days) but I guess nowadays the tune has to be a bit more obvious. Still lovely track though, top stuff 😀
GTB
GTB

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 09:59:34 PM »
DB, Good lilting feel to this, mixing touches reggae and african and gospel pop. Need needs lyrics and vocals for me. Love to Bin as well.
:)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..