konalavadome

Which songs for which album

• 1 Replies

DasPiano

• Busker
« on: September 18, 2014, 04:48:25 PM »
Hello.

I may have an odd question but I hope you guys can help me out.

I'm planning to write 3 albums... and record and produce them.. - it's a long time dream of mine.
Now here's the thing. Each album kinda has its own theme to it (a bit like a concept album).
The first album shall be about the progress of day and night.
The 2nd about traveling, not feeling at home, feeling out of place and yet making friends, coming home and so on
The 3rd one about the progress of seasons.

I have already written tons of songs and with some I can't decide where to put them. There is for example a song called "No Season" which I have written while I was in Liverpool a couple of months. (that's where I got the idea for the 2nd album) - so the song deals basically with falling in love with someone while being abroad and being actually in a relationship at home. No Season kinda meaning that two people meet each other in the wrong place at the wrong time. (bit like 'Somwhere' from West Side Story). Should I put it on the second album - coz that's where the inspiration came from (and would give the album a nice cohesion from a biographical point) or on the 3rd one (The opening line goes "When the summer comes I get so sad...") ?  :-\
Another example is a song called "Girls & Cars" - got nothing to do with the 2nd album but has also been co-written during my time in Liverpool. There are more examples like this.
So should I prioritize the self-biographical aspect or the main theme of an album? ??? Please understand that I just kinda need that framework for my creative process  ;D  :D

I would really, really appreciate some help on this matter as solving these questions would have consequences on how to produce the songs and help to prioritise my work.  :)

Thanx a lot in advance

DevyE

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 10:43:17 PM »
Both 2nd Album

No Season is not about the progress of seasons so shouldn't be included in the seasons album, Girls and Cars is about travelling.

All the best with the albums  :)