So, what are you listening to today?

• 134 Replies

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« on: September 09, 2014, 04:18:40 PM »
Post album images or just names or whatever. It's always fun to know what's in folks' ears; especially other musicians.

Questions about albums are always encouraged.

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 06:24:41 PM »
I have never heard of or seen those albums or artists before ever in my life. But I love the album covers. And I am a sucker for a nice album cover.

I'm currently listening to...umm...

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY OKAY!? ;D

Nice thread btw
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 06:34:57 PM »
I have never heard of or seen those albums or artists before ever in my life. But I love the album covers. And I am a sucker for a nice album cover.

Nice thread btw
Thanks!
The Bats, The Chills, and The Clean are all Indie pop bands from New Zealand that had their heyday from the late 80s to the early 90s. Still making music, though. And it's still quite good music, at that.

Tinariwen is a group of North African nomads (Tuaregs), who use electric guitars and hand percussion to make a wonderful music that is reminiscent of both blues and Arab music. A definite groove. Beautiful stuff.

The Wonder Stuff is a British band from the height of the Britpop movement of the 1990s. Didn't do much in the US, although they do have a cult following over here. And, in the UK, I think they had a bit more success, but still weren't among the top tier, as far as chart success. Still every bit as good as any other band from the era.

Listening to this now:

An American singer/songwriter. Kinda downtrodden acoustic guitar-based pop with heavy folk influences.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 06:45:52 PM »
Ah nice thread indeed. Lovely to see Tinariwen on your list. I'm quite partial to a bit of Malian music myself, particularly the late Ali Farka Toure.

But since this thread is 'what are you listening to today', I can only post one album cover cos I've only had time to listen to one :(

[edit]
oops, image thingy didn't work :p Album is 'I speak because I can' by Laura Marling
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 07:06:23 PM »
Ah nice thread indeed. Lovely to see Tinariwen on your list. I'm quite partial to a bit of Malian music myself, particularly the late Ali Farka Toure.

But since this thread is 'what are you listening to today', I can only post one album cover cos I've only had time to listen to one :(

[edit]
oops, image thingy didn't work :p Album is 'I speak because I can' by Laura Marling
Nice to see somebody else here who digs Tinawaren.
I am, myself, only just getting my feet wet with most African music. Really only starting in the last year or so. But I am enjoying the hell out of it.

But right now, this is the record that feels right:

I don't have to explain this one to anyone, do I?

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 07:06:36 PM »
Not an album but driving back from work today I was listening to a tape recorded from a Paul Jones show on Jazz FM yonks ago...so...blues. Don't know all the artists on there but some good stuff including Mean Red Spider by Muddy Waters.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 07:36:54 PM »
Today I listened to Beverley Knight's "Soul UK" album and then a Prince bootleg of his Birmingham "Hit & Run" show earlier this year with 3rd Eye Girl  :-\
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

DevyE

• Solo Gig
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
Today, like the last couple of days, Ryan Adams new release originally titled Ryan Adams so I will know the new material when I go to the gig next week ;D ;D ;D.
And Brian Setzer, All Original.

Do regularly listen to Echo & The Bunnymen but not today  :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:42:09 PM by DevyE »

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 06:40:02 PM »

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »

EpiphoneEpiphany

• Open Mic
  • down the rabbit hole
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 07:20:17 PM »
nice thread :)

I was listening to that Elliott Smith s/t a lot last year, definitely one of my favourite albums of all time and his most consistent

my other favourite Elliott Smith album is From a Basement on a Hill which is brilliant as well and it's crazy to think he didn't manage to finish it :O

other than that I'm listening to these

(Songs:Ohia - Magnolia Electric Co.)

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
nice thread :)

I was listening to that Elliott Smith s/t a lot last year, definitely one of my favourite albums of all time and his most consistent

my other favourite Elliott Smith album is From a Basement on a Hill which is brilliant as well and it's crazy to think he didn't manage to finish it :O

other than that I'm listening to these

(Songs:Ohia - Magnolia Electric Co.)

You are a person after my own heart!
Adore every single one of those albums!

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 07:40:04 PM »
In case you were wondering, I work at a desk job. So I can sit here and listen to music all day long while I do my work.
Today:

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 09:01:44 PM »
Lana Del Rey Born to Die (Paradise Edition)

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 09:41:33 PM »
Lana Del Rey Born to Die (Paradise Edition)
ILOVEYOU
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle