I have important people to send music to...

• 2 Replies

AnneMeow

• Busker
« on: September 08, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »
As I am a newly registered Taxi member.
In case you don't know what that is, it's an independent A&R site that basically acts as a connection to the industry. The registration was rather pricey. What happens in practice is this: I get a bunch of opportunities twice a month, and if they fit my style of material, then I submit my music to them.

There is a lot to say regarding the financial aspect (royalty split and such), and we'll definitely discuss that, but first I need to know whether anyone is interested.

Here's what I'm looking for: as a songwriter/lyricist, what I'm looking for is someone, preferably a female, to write music for the song, then record it in a rather high standard. I think it's a given that the song needs to be recorded in good quality and the singer has to have a nice voice. Kind of obvious ;)

Then, after you send me the song, and if we are both pleased with the end result -  I will submit the song to one of the opportunities I get on the site.

If anyone's interested, my email is einatszk@gmail.com.
Thanks,
Annette

Dutchbeat

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:01:56 PM »
eh, this sounds weird

with all respect

i must be getting this wrong...you get the chance to send in your music twice a month

as a songwriter
but now you are looking for songwriters?

to send in those songs???

i must be getting this wrong, i hope

but that is what i think
you are writing in your post??

but i am Dutch, and i think i didn't get this the right way

{edit] reading your post again, i think you are looking for a female vocalist???
not a songwriter, i guess
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:04:54 PM by Dutchbeat »

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 07:26:19 AM »
Lyrics are not songs.

Before trying to pitch a song you should have one - that is: music (that's a MUST) and words (which are optional, since there can be music without words but not vice versa).

Taxi is for pitching songs.

Good luck!
Bernd
Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)