Are compositions considered “published” when uploaded to Ytube, soundcloud etc

• 15 Replies

markbriscoe

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 09:15:08 AM »
I look forward to getting a critique here … It will be a while before I get anything even half decent completed so nobody hold their breath please.   Being by trade a painter, I actually can’t play any musical instrument, but with a basic skeleton of a melody I can usually find the chords that fit using Logic-pro and an electric piano, it’s incredible what you can do, but I am still sort of blundering around in the darkness trying to find chinks of light. Something will come through in the end (i hope)

Yes it will be hard to find out if there have been songs (successful or not) that were taken on by well known artists from a piece they heard on the web by someone unknown (What words could you google to find that out?)

I suppose those artists or producers who have a very fixed personal code of conduct may perhaps steer clear of unknowns. Others may not if they see $ signs the more open minded flexible ones.

How do I subscribe to these threads? there’s no ‘notify’ or ’subscribe’ button that I can see to get an email when someone replies…