konalavadome

Registering tracks for chart eligibility

• 1 Replies

JacquesDefoe

• Busker
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:10:05 PM »
Here's an absurdly optimistic question - we know in all liklehood none of this will matter, but what the hey!

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of chart eligibility for digital releases, and how to register in different territories? We are releasing a couple of tracks independently - I know some of the distribution services do register tracks for the charts, but it is different in every country. Most of the information we can find concentrates on the US. We are based in Austria (I'm from the UK), but we think our best chance if any sales is in the Netherlands (due to the first song's subject matter).

Speaking of this, does anyone know how sales are tracked in different countries - here in Austria, for example, we have to use the German Amazon, so would tracks downloaded here still tracked for the Austrian charts?

Any suggestions/advice gratefully received!

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »
From the amount of questions you have, it sounds like you desperately need a manager.

I don't know the answers you need but I'd seriously consider getting a manager or someone into the business side of music.

All the best in your pursuits!

Alan.