Love songs

• 21 Replies

stargirl

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »
I can honestly say the reason most of my songs are based on love is that I am young and haven't experience much yet. Love has been one of the biggest things in my life in the form of family, friends and realtionships.

kicked

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
Hello everyone
     Hey Hofnerite,a song about eating apples might not work,but what about going into the countryside and eating a lot of peaches.
             Warmest regards
                                roo

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »
Hello everyone
     Hey Hofnerite,a song about eating apples might not work,but what about going into the countryside and eating a lot of peaches.
             Warmest regards
                                roo

;D True!

There's also this I suppose:

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »
Love is easy to write about.
As far as writing about it goes, you really have to take a new angle on it or you'll be doing what thousands have already done.
Defective Elector

cbeeching

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 02:58:06 AM »
I tend to avoid writing love songs.  Not that I'm disputing the fact that there are a lot of great love songs out there..

I think I've probably written a few lines here and there when it's late at night after a few bevvies, but that's about as far as it goes.  I'm 24 and I've been with my girlfriend now for four and half years and I still love her to pieces, but I just don't feel the need to write songs about that.  I think love is personal to me, and as much as I enjoy getting my point across in song form, I feel that my feelings of love are mine, and hers, and not anyone else's.  I tend to write about trivial things, or things that make me angry, perhaps some romantic turmoil would fuel my song-writing in that direction, but at the moment we're just both too easy going! :P

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 06:22:34 PM »
I enjoy listening to well written love songs.  I think that some of the best love songs deal with breaking up or love lost.  'Empty Chairs' by Don McLean is fantastic and 'Goodbye Lucille' by my favourite writer Paddy McAloon are amongst the best love (lost) songs that I have heard.  Bryan Ferry's 'Slave To Love'  is incredibly slick and emotional. I agree that most love songs need to presented in a unique way.  Lloyd Cole wrote 'Jennifer She Said, which is essentially about the promises that lovers make to each other, "Jennifer we can't go wrong,  let's put it in writing."  It's about declaring your love with a tattoo  "It's written there in blue, with a heart and an arrow through."Unfortunately, not all relationships last and some people might regretfully be left with a permanent reminder of their undying love (tattoo) as Lloyd point's out to the woman in question 'You change with the weather and this is the rain" I think this kind of approach to writing about love makes this type of song much more interesting.

Paul

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »
Most of my songs are about love...there's one about death but even that sort of comes back to love - hopeless ;D