konalavadome

Hi I'm Susan - seeking collaboration / reviews :)

• 5 Replies

Susan

• Busker
« on: April 16, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »
Hi everyone.. my name is Susan and although I have written lots of songs they seem to stay half-crafted and stuck on my computer and in my songwriting books... so would like to move forward with these slowly... and perhaps collaborate/co-write with like-minded people who have the same aim for their songs... I'm not a performer tho I write songs on guitar .. I'm a Christian who would love to produce excellent songs which are alternative/grungy/rock/punk/metal - which are not gospel or preachy or full of 'christianese' but just really relevant and real and which kind of carry the essence of the loveliness of God to people who wouldn't normally go near a church... so just really cool, accessible songs -maybe with dark riffs/beautiful melodies and all that!  I'm in my 40's so influences were Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Sabbath, 70/80's rock metal, punk, Dylan, JJ Cale, Pixies, but love tons of newer stuff from SOAD, Evannessance, Flyleaf (love that mix of rough downtuned metal riffs with sweet melodies).  susan@acenet.co.za
Cheers
S
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:40:20 PM by Susan »

massa

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 01:39:47 PM »
Hi Susan, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing your material and reading your lyrics. We welcome diversity here, so interested to hear your Christian-fueled songs.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:00:47 PM »
Hi Susan

And welcome to the best songwriting forum this side of the Atlantic :p I hope you find some writers interested in working with you on your material.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

marianheawood

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 04:18:26 PM »
Hi Susan, I'm new and just settling in, too :) I hope you have some good luck in what you are aiming for with your lyrics. Marian.

marianheawood

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 04:31:15 PM »
Susan.. I'm sorry I misread your post and now see you write your songs complete, (or almost) not just lyrics. I apologise for my mistake. :-[ Marian.

Sonic-r

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Your work sounds interesting and your appreciation of 80s rock and metal strikes a chord with me.

Chris