konalavadome

Stripper (Sexy topic)

• 15 Replies

Gwyneth Rose

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 09:49:53 AM »
I don't know what the meter's like, but the last 'satisfaction' line of the chorus sticks out a bit. It's not a problem, and you might already have figured out what you're doing with it, but I thought it deserved a mention. The lyrics themselves are solid, very flexible and catchy.

I'm not so positive on the use of the word 'nubile.' It works here - where it wouldn't in most songs - because together with the line after it it conjures up images of belly dancers, or a slow, teasing strip. But it is usually meant to mean someone very young - like, barely legal young - and that may not be the image you're going for. If it is, you're totally Taylor Momsen  8)

I like how, as the song goes on, the sexual business gets more and more in the listener's face. That's the way it should be - the narrative's building up to something, after all. Most songs that try to do sexy build up the tension then leave it hanging. I also kind of like the specific detail, as the imagery's much more powerful if the listener is actually imagining an exact scene, not just generalities and blurs. But it's a double-edged sword. Some things - specifically, cup size - might be too specific, to the point imagining them (as a listener's brain automatically does) requires effort, and steals their attention from the song.

Oh, and going back to that tension thing from earlier: don't, in my opinion, have the guy in the song actually relieve himself of sexual tension at the end of the song. The listener's living vicariously through him, so if he's free of the tension, so will they be. That's great for bringing the narrative to a conclusion, but a song that's tense when it ends is a song that doesn't let the listener go, and a song they're much more likely to remember and come back to.

Hi GG
Thanks so much for the feedback. Yes, I think the muso have definately need a little tweak or two which is usual for my lyrics hehehehe Hmmmmmm I originally had "Smooth" body in the lyric and changed it later to nubile which I though yes, young and sexy, no cottage cheese there hehehehe
Glad you like it overall. Thanks my friendy.

Cheers
G
Lets see if Dutch picks this up now, the other muso I mentioned still is soooo busy and hasn't had a chance to look at it yet grrrrrrrr

Poet and Lyricist always looking to collaborate. Write mostly out the box lyrics in most genres.
Amateur model, painter, love ceramics and sculpture. Make teddy bears, do belly dancing and love gardening especially roses