konalavadome

Hello everybody

• 11 Replies

marianheawood

« on: April 13, 2011, 05:36:39 AM »
 :) I'm Marian Heawood, and after many years I have at last got a website going to display the music I've created. You'd be most welcome to come and take a look and have a listen.

Glad to have found this forum and look forward very much to joining in.
www.marianheawood.com

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:56:08 PM by marianheawood »

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:07:56 AM »
Hi Marian

Welcome to our friendly little forum. I hope you enjoy the conversation!

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

massa

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:34:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum Marian. Good to have you here. If you would like any review of your music, there is a great reviews section showcasing members work.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:37:19 AM by massa »

marianheawood

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:59:18 PM »
Hello and thankyou for the warm welcomes! To join in on this forum, I'm sure, will be very enjoyable. I am still adding to my website which is quite time consuming.
I live in Buckinghamshire, but was born in Hayes, Middlesex. I have had an eventful life with very happy and extremely sad experiences. I learnt to play the piano as a young girl, and enjoyed singing in choirs. Some of this I am including on my website. I also wrote poetry, stories, and tried out writing songs. This was the underlying foundation of my life which has helped keep me going through thick and thin.
Writing songs and composing music, I have found, is personally enriching, self-absorbing, therapeutic and, if very, very lucky, can generate some income too.
I have a 2nd husband who served in the Fire Brigade, and has a great love of classical music and MOR, too. He has also put up with us having to replace many burnt saucepans when I have suddenly had some inspiration and rushed away from cooking the dinner to writing out parts of a song at the piano. Burnt peas are a normality and all in the cause of my next musical creation. Despite this, he has encouraged me to keep pursuing my love of music and songwriting. I have two grown-up sons and very special to me. I also had a daughter who is with the angels now, but never away from my heart and mind. She took a great interest in my songwriting.
I hope that this is an appropriate way to introduce myself.
Good luck to one and all.
Marian.

massa

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »
Hi again Marian,

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter passing away. I'm sure she is still watching over you whilst you compose. Your story of the burnt peas made me laugh, it's a good job your husband is in the fire brigade, that may come in handy! :)

I had a quick look on your website earlier and listened to one of your songs (Crowded Rooms) - very beautiful and well orchestrated lyrics. You remind me with your style of Bette Midler, particularly with the instrumentation you used. I look forward to listening to your other songs when I get the chance.

Hope you've had a good day.

marianheawood

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:24:34 PM »
Thankyou, Massa, for your reply and kind words about my daughter. She loved Crowded Rooms. She also used to have a good laugh when cooking the dinner went wrong because of me writing a song at the same time. I expect other songwriters find that, sometimes, inspiration knocks the door at the most inconvenient times, and ideas have to be hurriedly scribbled out for when there is more time to work on them. Also, I am thankful for the smoke alarm which warns me, now, to get back to the cooker before another saucepan casualty. :) Thankyou for visiting my new website and I realise there is a lot to read and listen to. I hope it intrigues enough for more future visits at other times.  Marian.

marianheawood

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 12:28:32 PM »
Hi Massa,
I've just come back into this thread to thank you and answer your constructive comments about my song 'Crowded Rooms' which I was pleased to read. Bette Midler is an artist I've never thought of, even though I saw her appearances on TV on SCD. She is amazing.
I was lucky enough to have my song Crowded Rooms released in Ireland and S.Africa, but I now have the rights to the song, and others, back with me after being signed with a publisher.
I didn't mention this in my introduction post because I was concentrating on a more personal background which I thought was appropriate for this introductions thread. Hope you have a good day. Marian.

massa

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »
Wow, what a success Marian, to be a published songwriter!

I'm in awe! :)

marianheawood

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »
Thankyou, Massa. Now I'm embarrassed. :-[

marianheawood

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »
That smiley was supposed to be going red, like me  :)

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 07:34:42 PM »
I live in Buckinghamshire, but was born in Hayes, Middlesex.

I Went to college in Bucks (Bletchley) and have lived in Hayes, Neild Road just behind the Post Office... ;D
When I was growing up in Scotland.... Hayes, Middlesex....Wow, on the the back of every Beatles record...."EMI, Hayes, Middlesex! It must be an wonderful exotic place!........... OH well, you should never meet your heroes!  ;D :D ;)

Welcome to the forum... ;D

Mihkay
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

marianheawood

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »
My Gran and father once lived in Nield Road for a time! Re: EMI. I grew up near to EMI and my father worked there for years. I think that is where my recording interests probably come from.
Thankyou for your welcome!