konalavadome

Hi. :)

• 4 Replies

lisalulu09

• Busker
  • Me and Alex from Elliot Minor. *_* <3
« on: August 02, 2009, 01:41:20 PM »
Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm a teenage lyricist, who is hoping to be become a professional one one day. ;D Erm, I'm not sure what to write, so if you've got any questions, feel free to ask. :)
When the drums come in and the keys get louder...
~The Broken Minor by Elliot Minor

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 08:15:15 PM »
Hi Lisa

Thanks for joining the forum, and welcome. Hope you find this place a useful resource.

What sort of lyrics do you write, and have you worked with any songwriters?  Have you been writing for long? So many questions!

Feel free to tell us more about yourself if you want, but if not, that's ok too!

Welcome :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

lisalulu09

• Busker
  • Me and Alex from Elliot Minor. *_* <3
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:15:53 AM »
No, I've never worked with any songwriters yet. I'm not sure how to go about this. :/

I've been writing lyrics since November 2006, before that I just used to have random lines pop into my head but I never wrote them down! I'm 17 now and I'd like to think I've improved over that time! :D How to describe my lyrical style. Now, that's hard. Haha. I'm a little odd, I think. *Lisa thinks* I write pop - not the commercial stuff so much, more quirky Kate Nash-style stuff, though I do write good old loud, upbeat girly pop songs once in a while :D - indie, punk and rock. I come up with the sort of tune I'd like for each set of lyrics, and they can range from pop/punk to piano-led indie, pop to acoustic rock, emo to indie/pop. Yeah, it's odd. Blame my fairly varied music taste and my influences. Haha. All of the lyrics are pop-style ones, no matter what the genre is. I get a bit annoyed about that, for some reason. I guess you could call my main genre my own brand of pop/punk. :D

I'm hoping to put some tunes to my lyrics. Any tips? Where do I go for tips. And how I can promote my lyrics?
When the drums come in and the keys get louder...
~The Broken Minor by Elliot Minor

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:17:43 PM »
Well this is a good place to start!  Why not head over to myspace also and add the forum as your friend, there's quite a few people in touch over there:
http://www.myspace.com/uksongwriterforum
As for promoting your lyrics, there's a lyrics forum here, so you can post for feedback and keep Steve company.  Networking is key I think. Maybe head off to an open mic night somewhere in your area and meet up with local musicians.
Let us know how you get on :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Guy

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:26:57 PM »
Welcome aboard. Nice to see a new face!