konalavadome

I can produce tracks...

• 6 Replies

AndyAndy

• Busker
« on: July 20, 2014, 12:16:27 AM »
Hey all - just found this forum and it looks awesome. I'm in canada at the moment but am from the UK. I have been running a small production business turning peoples rough ideas into good quality demo tracks. I have been focusing mainly on Christian music as that is what I mostly play but I would love to give some other genres a try. Have a listen and let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/christianmusicstudio-1/example-what-christian-music

Onelabel

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 01:00:33 PM »
Sounds good, so basically you take the initial demo and then rerecord a new version of it. A couple of questions spring to mind that I imagine guys here would be interested to know...

1) do you ask the writer what style he/she's looking for (e.g. " I want it to sound like a mash up of Death Metal and Taylor Swifts 'trouble'" - or is that something you decide
2) do you overlay the artists original vox on top (assuming they're sent as an isolated track) or do you offer session singers?
3) how much is this service (eg standard song, no session artists)

AndyAndy

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:22:04 AM »
Hey, glad you thought it sounded good. Yeah so basically I build a whole brand new track from listening to the rough recording that the person has - they can send me their ideas and the structure that they would like (V1 v2 Ch etc) and then I get started. Everything is recorded/programmed/played by myself - I sometimes use another friend to help me but its mostly always just me.

The writer can tell me what style they are looking for but there is also an aspect of "handing over" the song for me to put my creativity and ideas into it - obviously I run things past the writer as I go along to make sure they are happy.

I don't overlay the artists original vocals over the finished track because a) thy are normally very bad quality b) the finished structure of the song is different from the rough track that they have previously sent me. I can provide session singers but I have found most people want to sing their own vox once they get the finished track back.

In terms of prices I have been charging around 350quid for the backing tracks with no vocals provided. I think it's pretty reasonable as I try to get the best out of each song that people send me by helping them figure out the best structure, creating the riffs/hooks and then doing all the recording/programming plus mixing and mastering etc. In any particular track I make for people there could be drums, bass, several electric guitar tracks, acoustic guitar, piano, synth, pads, strings - whatever it takes!

Here's another example: https://soundcloud.com/christianmusicstudio-1/mighty-to-save-backing-track

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 01:56:34 PM »

CAN ANYONE LEND ME £350

i like the sound of that,  is it the same price if i sent you a track and wanted it
 to be just the same but with your quality

plus do you do collabs,   like if i wrote a Christian song for you or you like a lyric i did
 would it be done in that quality,  JUST ASKING YOU NEVER KNOW

ITS A PRICEY OLD GAME MUSIC

tony

Dutchbeat

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »
just a question, why do you have "Christian" attached as a label? (i mean in: christianmusicstudios)

i just want to know, do you very strongly prefer Christian music, but if you have to you take on things like Death Metal (i recommend to not play it backwards)? Or is this a financial enterprise that takes on any track, and no discussions about the lyrics etc.

what i am trying to ask is, why the name: "Christianmusicstudio", if you would take on all music?
If your business is to earn something by adding music and arrange to people's demos and you are good at it, that is fine, especially if you are honest about it, but it seems to me "Christianmusic" might be narrowing your market in that case  ??? ???

i was just wondering

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:06:42 PM »
things like Death Metal (i recommend to not play it backwards)?
:D :D :D :D

There's nobody quite like Dutchbeat! Nice to see you on the boards sir :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

AndyAndy

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 05:19:07 PM »
Hey

Benjo - yeah I would charge the same probably but if you had a few tracks you wanted done I would give some discount for multiple orders. In terms of collaborations I don't really tend to do that!

Dutchbeat - Yeah I know what you mean about "narrowing" down my market but my main musical experience has been in the contemporary christian music market - I have toured the world with various Christian bands as well as having recorded Christian albums and written Christian songs. It's what I feel like I was meant to concentrate on. However, I would love to try a few other styles - not sure I could do death metal or anything but I could certainly do pop/top40/rock/country style stuff!