konalavadome

New song demo

• 5 Replies

alcowie

• Busker
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:58:49 AM »
I recently formed a new two piece band with guitars and vocals named CUTE. we have a few songs we've wrote here is the first home demo any listens and feed back would be appreciated. Thanks :)
Quality due to being recorded through a mac.

https://soundcloud.com/cute-19/demo

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 12:10:39 AM »
A prime example of what not to do with REVERB!   :o

Is it art?  ???
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 12:56:18 AM »
The first thing to say is that it's necessary to post the lyrics of any submissions, as in most cases it's helpful to have the lyrics, in this case it's essential. There is no sense of a traditional musical structure to this piece. Were you trying to write a song that breaks all the norms and conventions of traditional songwriting?
Jamie

lors

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:15:36 PM »
Reminds me of the Doors but the effects are too heavy. Difficult to understand what's happening.

stavcoby

• Busker
    • Reflection & the misplaced variety act
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »
At the end of the day, the track is what you said it is "a demo".  A very rough, one take, live demo by the sounds of it
Im assuming it was recorded in your practice space with little more than x1 maybe x2 mics.

Thats totally cool, so keep that in mind when reading any feedback, as the song itself has plenty of room for developing :)

Theres is def an arty vibe, to the song itself ( reverb and effects aside ) the guitar effect is cool and the drown vocals suit the arty thing.

Posting on here at this stage wasn't gonna get you much feed back, cos too much of the song is missing, I assume. 

The drums and the bass line will play an integral part in keeping what you have both together and keep the listener listening, look forward to hearing more. 

I appreciate a demo has many stages but this stage may not be ready for constructive feedback yet except, It sounds like it could be really good.

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 08:55:32 PM »
ok.

You like The Doors.

This song needs constructing and some kind of format applying for a more interesting listening experience.

Turn the reverb DOWN.

Arrange better and I can see it evolving into something good.