• 16 Replies

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:11:04 PM »
Anyone keeping up with the festival this year?

I've been cherry picking from the sets on iPlayer and I have to say there's some fantastic stuff on there :o

Arcade Fire blew me away, and not only because they all seem to be able to play about 10 different instruments each...
Lana Del Ray was a big surprise. I like her records, but I always thought she'd be a let down live. But she was really good!
Paulo Nutini - what a voice! Definitely worth checking out.

Seen anything good? Share it with us! :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »
Jack White. Nuff said!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:33:43 AM »
Jack White. Nuff said!
Haha! I tried to watch him, but he's just too chaotic for me. I get that his a master of monster riffs and all that, but I much prefer him on record I think...

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 12:57:23 PM »

i really enjoyed Jake Bug, loved the way he played guitar to

something that bothers me with though is how much a lot of bands
 sing the same line over n over n over n over n over n over GET WHAT I MEAN

KAISER CHIEFS,  oh my god i can't believe it i've never been this far away from home
                        got on my nerves after the 100th time

BUT LOVIN IT ALSO CHERRY PICKING

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »
METALLICA.

MGMT were pretty good too

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:30:13 PM by digger72 »

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »
LANAAAAAAAAAA😍😍

Umm who else...Jake Bugg looked awesome, Haim sounded great and Ed Sheeran was such an amazing surprise! So talented! I've heard great reviews for Dolly's set too...I think I am a future Glastonburyer...
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 10:10:07 PM »
All the performances are on iplayer Tony :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007r6vx?page=1

EpiphoneEpiphany

• Open Mic
  • down the rabbit hole
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 10:25:59 PM »
Interpol, really looking forward to their new album, which hopefully is as good as their debut or second album again :)

you're really lucky to have proper festivals live on television, in austria we only have what they call folk music on television, that austrian folk music not being real folk music but this crap where everybody claps along and smiles into the camera happily and sings really shallow lyrics..

and music videos with mountains and animals in the background and shallow songs about how they love their life in the beautiful countryside *cringe* :/

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 08:19:11 PM »
I caught a few performances, good to see metallica there, Kasabian were good and Robert Plant was interesting too.  Must look on that iplayer 'cos I missed Rodrigo & Gabrielle and they're brilliant.
Looked amazing there, but would I swap it for flicking between World Cup, wimbledon & glastonbury on the telly and retiring to a warm bed?  hmmm... must be getting old
GTB
GTB

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 09:48:14 PM »
I caught Lana Del Ray but I think the fact that she was smoking in front of her female teenage audience was sickening. No excuse.

I wasn't too impressed with anything  else I saw except Dolly Parton who showed that sheer class will always win out. She was simply outstanding, had the biggest audience of the weekend and she is 68!

I LOVE YOU DOLLY

M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »
I watched Band of Skulls, coz I've seen them a couple of times and I thought they were great. Watched a bit of Metallica, but it's not really my thing.
Jamie

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 08:46:45 PM »
I caught Lana Del Ray but I think the fact that she was smoking in front of her female teenage audience was sickening. No excuse.
She is quite a character. She did an interview with the guardian (I think) the other day where she basically glamourised dying young and made Kurt Cobain's daughter really angry because well dying isn't really cool at all. I don't think she always knows how to be a celebrity, she doesn't have this big charactature pop star personality like Katy Perry or Beyoncé, which means the press doesn't always work in her favour, but I love her all the same.
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 09:57:02 PM »
I don't think Lana Del Rey is going to influence too many teenagers to smoke. Speaking as somebody who watched his daughters start smoking at a fairly young age. You hope they won't but they take more notice of their friends then their parents, unfortunately. At least one of them has now stopped.

I didn't watch much of Glastonbury. Saw all of Lana's set on I-player and was impressed, as well as Dolly Parton, not quite as impressive.

I may watch a few more sets on I-player over the weekend.