konalavadome

Looking For Singer/lyricist/bassist/drummer (Rock Song)

• 3 Replies

AndyJ

• Busker
« on: June 28, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »
I'm looking for a singer/lyricist/bassist/drummer for an old rock song of mine. I've written lyrics, but don't really like them, so this home-made working demo is only that - a home-made working demo without any vocals and stuff, purely the music. If you feel inspired by this music and want to help bring the song to a new level, then please speak up. ;)

And please: Due to bad experience with people that seem to think that they are communicating with computers instead of real human beings, simply because correspondence happens via computers, I must insist that you have proper communication skills. It's bad style to *pretend* to be interested and then not to respond to the person at all anymore. Don't let *people* in the dark, tell them when you've changed your mind. If you can't do that, then don't bother responding in the first place.

You can check out the song here:
https://soundcloud.com/andyja-1/hl-demolooking-for-singerlyricst

By the way, there is this "demo" playlist on my Soundcloud page, in which you can find more working demos which are up for collaborations.

Erik Baker

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 03:01:08 AM »
I'm a songwriter and drummer. I happen to really like this demo. I'm not sure if I can commit to a project right now. Are you looking for artists that can meet in person or are you using some computer program to put us all together? I may also be willing to write lyrics for this, indeed I already have some stuck in my head. I am not sure though.
Maybe...

AndyJ

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:15:13 PM »
It's an online collaboration, I forgot to mention that. I'm also looking for "offline" musicians to start a band with, but that got nothing to do with this collaboration here. ;)

I'm glad you like the song and feel inspired. The recorded tracks would need to be exchanged via internet and put together, yes. It's all about the fun of creating original music without any pressure. If some lyrics are already stuck in your head, just put them down. But please note: Unless I hear someone sing the lyrics, I usually don't make any judgement on them. It's not about the words themselves, it's about how the words fit with the music.

PENKSLYRICS

• Open Mic
    • Penkslyrics
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 03:26:32 PM »
Hi Andy

I don't actually write lyrics to music but can certainly help modify want you've started.
So if you can send me the lyrics, I can have a look.

Just listening to songs on soundcloud, like Letter some great guitar work on it.

Roger