tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« on: May 27, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
Wassup songwriterz?

Went to the open mic again last week, and played a few tunes, this time with my friend Bronco Hutchings on viola. (Damn that boy is good - he'd never played or even heard these tunes till we got up on stage)

Check it

I was going to play 6 songs, but I had to abort half way through song no5 cos my voice stopped working. Literally! I think I need to get used to other people playing when I'm singing, cos I shouted myself hoarse :( (you can hear my voice departing in the last song :D )

Tracks are:
  • Killing is my business
  • The crescent
  • Raised by wolves
  • Round here

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:28:43 PM by tone »
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

onemanband

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »
Hey Tone - I am really living this opne mic thread lately. I think I might have to contribute soon, looks like alot of fun.

Really enjoyed this set.

Kudos to the fella on the Viola - hard to believe that he just jumped up and played without even hearing the, vary talented.

The strumming pattern on Raised by wolves is really excellent. I'm not sure what it is, but there is a light hesitation - is it a dotted quaver or something - but really keeps the ear tuned into the song.

The Crescent was awesome as well - I listened to the recorded version and thought it lacked about of momentum, but have to say with alittle familiarity, its really catchy.

I think I would re-arrange the order of the songs slightly, the final two should be "raised by wolves" followed by "The crescent" - I would alos consider dropping the viola for the last but one song, just so it seems like more of a treat when it joins in at the end.

Although its all just abit of fun - and everything I know about performing you could fit on the back of a postage stamp.

Loved it - glad you uploaded it - and look forward to hearing more live performances.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »
Thanks OneManBand

Yep that Raised by wolves rhythm is just a little trick - it's a straight 4, but just with clever accents ;)

And I would have carried on for another two songs if my voice hadn't given out. Still a bit worried about that tbh.

Thanks for listening though - and looking forward to your contribution. :)

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 02:42:18 PM »
well, as i said in another thread: "killing is my business" is a song that has true hit potential to my ears.
The added instrument is just perfect; and i can hear this song with even some more strings and percussion stuff.
If you guys really never practiced that before...man; kudos.

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 10:58:13 PM »
You looked more relaxed this time. Possibly having support on stage or just familiarity but better.  ;)

I've thought this for a while but....... with the right score, "Killing is my business" would be a brilliant Bond Theme? How about it?  8)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 11:48:57 PM »
You looked more relaxed this time. Possibly having support on stage or just familiarity but better.  ;)

I've thought this for a while but....... with the right score, "Killing is my business" would be a brilliant Bond Theme? How about it?  8)
Thanks Mihkay - very kind words. Yes, I was more relaxed, although having support onstage was a mixed blessing as you can hear in my vocal performance.

As for the bond theme, you're not the first person to say so, and of course I agree! I wonder how one gets such a song heard by the people who choose them?... :D

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »
well, as i said in another thread: "killing is my business" is a song that has true hit potential to my ears.
The added instrument is just perfect; and i can hear this song with even some more strings and percussion stuff.
If you guys really never practiced that before...man; kudos.

Hey Butch

Thanks for this (I missed your comment last time I was on this thread, sorry about that :)

Always very nice to get such positive comments. I'm looking forward to sharing the album version of this tune with y'all. It's got big balls :p

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »
Good Stuff Enjoyed the Watch/Listen.