The Rebecca Black - 'Friday' Phenomenon

• 7 Replies

TNMC

• Open Mic
« on: April 03, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »
ANYONE who uses this forum should type 'Rebecca Black Friday wiki' into Google and read the entire entry and then go onto YouTube and see and listen to the video and song. Then you should wait for a little while until your flabber has stopped being gasted and come back here and express yourself until the cows come home. And just remember, you're never too old to learn something new about the world. :o)

Wiki link
added by tone

Andy from Neverwas
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 06:24:01 PM by tone »

Soul Punk

• Solo Gig
  • Wild hearts... Blue jeans and white T-Shirts
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »
In a word

Atrocious
Wild hearts... Blue jeans and white T-Shirts

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:18:19 PM »
I have seen this, yes

I am still trying to recover from the Lyrics

("yesterday it was thursday...today it is friday" etc.)

massa

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 05:17:56 PM »
Haha. What's with the haters? Makes me look forward to Friday. I'm a bit confused though as to how they're meant to be old enough to drive.

I have seen worse songs than this posted on songwriting forums.

With 80 million views so far she's going to be sitting on some bounty of royalties.

Sonic-r

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »
80 million views!

Hats off to the guys at Ark Music who created a genius idea for a company! Charge rich parents $2000 so their kids can be pop stars. And when the you-know-what hits the fan it's the poor 14 year olds who cop the lot. Not the parents, not the songwriters. Talk about rites of passage. 

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 05:49:07 PM »
Genius stuff. I especially like the fact since this "song" came out, another artist has made a Bob Dylan soundalike version and pretended he did it first, and that Black's version is a cover, even more genius! Check out the "Dylan" version and especially the comments on YouTube. Hilarious stuff.

Yes she's taken a lot of flak but surely she's a millionnaire now? All those interviews, single sales and publicity stemming from it. I'd be happy to become an internet joke for £1m!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »
She's made hardly any money. Being that she's $4,000 short to start off with, you have to remember that she's only the singer. She neither wrote, produced, distributed or anything else to do with that record.

And it's only been distributed on the internet so far, where royalties are notoriously low. Once the record company, songwriter, producer and everyone else has had their cut, she'll be sitting on a few grand if she's lucky.

There's scope for her to make real money once she gets on the media train I suppose with interviews, magazine articles and the such like. Or if she goes on tour maybe. But from that video - it's more agro than it's worth in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 06:24:18 PM by tone »
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Dutchbeat

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »
anyway

she is a absolute hit  ;D