konalavadome

Don't wait for me

• 21 Replies

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 11:45:55 AM »
Thanks Suzy. I'll have a listen to the vocals...I may have another bash at them later...my allergies have subsided somewhat this morning...

The Color of Oldfield

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 06:54:25 PM »
Top song writing......

Hear stuff like this and wonder what is wrong with the world sometimes......

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 10:47:10 PM »
Super vocals and a great groove going on. This song really moves along nicely. The guitar is great but to me the best bits are inbetween the guitar parts. The groove stand outs strongly and to me this is the real song coming thru without the 'appendages' and I really loved the real song.

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »
Maybe I should strip it back and do an unplugged version, single acoustic guitar and one vocal? Could be interesting...

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »
Okaaaaay...it's nearly a year since I wrote and recorded this song. I've done a few more since as some of you will know...but hopefully I've learned a few things about mixing along the way and have cleaned this one up quite a lot. The current remix is in the same place so, sorry, no chance to compare. Just wanted to get it out there ;-)

https://soundcloud.com/sciencebase/dont-wait-for-me

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 07:55:47 AM »
I wasn't a big fan of the lyrics when I read them.   Came back to listen, and they're just right for the song.  Some lyrics just "hear" better than they read. 

I loved the verses.... liked the chorus a little less.... but it's a good contrast, and with familiarity, it would sound just right to me. 

The one thing I didn't think was an asset was the lead-in.  I thought it was a little "clangy".... to harsh to lead into that nice, soft verse.  The verses have a "sweetness" to them and the lead-in doesn't complement that very well imo.   Aside from that nit.... I think it's a very good song.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 09:15:01 AM »
Thanks for listening...yeah, my voice...I really struggle to do gritty...but I do like to play heavy sometimes...