composing in the shower :)

• 7 Replies

Kevin j

• Solo Gig
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:24:35 PM »
where/when do you get your inspiration? i get my best melodies in the shower :)

though the words come anywhere, though a good deal in french class, its where i wrote some of my favourite lyrics, from being so bored :)

so whats it like for the rest of you, just out of curiosity?
well, that escalated quickly..
-Anchorman :)

Gwyneth Rose

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 08:36:43 PM »
I get inspired by personal emotions or events (A magazine or news topic, or personal experience.) For instance the first song I ever wrote was entitled "Other Woman". A friend of mine's hubby constantly cheated on her, and one day she just had enough and confronted the "Other Woman" and told her some home truths about her player of a husband. divorced him and moved on with her life.

My lates lyric "Sex Slave"  a good male friend of mine from Nashville emailed me to say that a female friend of his (that he's known for ages) asked him to video some deviant role play with her and her boyfriend. He actually is very prim and proper and was totally shocked and asked my advice....LOL
Poet and Lyricist always looking to collaborate. Write mostly out the box lyrics in most genres.
Amateur model, painter, love ceramics and sculpture. Make teddy bears, do belly dancing and love gardening especially roses

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 08:50:42 PM »
I kinda get an urge or compulsion to write during 'down' time that I use to relax and unwind- not that I've actually had much down time or lyrical inspiration lately. I cant force a song or write under pressure as it all has to happen organically. Maybe a title or a hook or a chorus or an opening line or just a completely absurd idea for a song comes to me and it all flows naturally from there. I find the gym a great place for this to happen and also long bus journeys etc. Sometimes it might even happen while watching TV if something is fascinating or somebody says something that merits a real LOL and makes a great 'outside the box' song!

JonnyD

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 01:22:35 AM »
I get a lot of inspiration from listening to other songs... Like I'll hear one song that makes use of the whole tone scale and that provokes me to experiment with whole tones...

There's no 'place' for me though I have to be in a certain mood to come out with lyrics... Either chilled or melancholy
Was a snowman in a past life

torgny_n

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »
When I'm laying in bed just Before I fall a sleep I get the best songs!
To bad for me I only remember 1 % of them when I Wake up.  :)

I try to hymn the song 10 times Before I fall aslepp just to remember them but I have also been thinking of getting up and just record the idea on my cellphone.   :D

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »
I often wake up with enough of a new song in my head to capture it's essence.  Once at work my brain is no longer my own...
GTB

EpiphoneEpiphany

• Open Mic
  • down the rabbit hole
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 12:14:08 PM »
definitely in the evening or just before going to sleep

because that's when you're generally the most thoughtful I think

I mainly stay up really long, and then I get the best ideas or at least they just seem the best at that time of day but often they actually are as well ;)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »
I deliberately try to avoid creating in the shower. The few times something has sprung to mind it's been a huge feat of endurance remembering it properly while I wash the shampoo out of my hear, grab a towel, and write it down or get the guitar chords.

Would much rather wait till I'm dry and clothed :D
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l