Sex Slave (Bit kinky, not for prudes LOL)

• 38 Replies

Gwyneth Rose

• Solo Gig
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 07:25:59 AM »

If it's like the "music scouts" on Myspace Music, they "scout" around for anyone with songs, then send them a generic letter telling them that their music is GREATER THAN GREAT, and that if we will only send them $300.00 they can make us a star.  I would suspect it's pretty much the same people. 
[/quote]

Yeah I'm wise to those guys. Dont worry!!!  When I first started composing lyrics I had not one but 2 contracts sent to me from Nashville,loving my lyrics and offering "To make me Famous" one was from Paramount  Song in Nashville the A & R Team LOl So all I had to do was send them$599 to make the demo and also sign away virtually all my rights (in the small print) and voila I'd be an instant sensation hehehehe.
 Noooooooo there are a lot of blood suckers out there taking advantage of dreamers, problem is they con a lot of people out of their money and nothing comes of it. Just google rip off and Paramount and see all the complaints. The big guys like Sony Music and Universal and Columbia etc are almost impossible to get to, they won't accept unsolicated material (demos just just thrown in the trash because of legal issues)But..........but their scouts go looking for new talent all the time  and if they think you're good enough they will find you, problem is if (that's a big if) you get noticed you've got one shot so you can't waste it on a half baked demo, it's got to blow them away!!!!!!!!!!! Hence my reticence on submitting what I've got so far. It's just not good enough :-)

Cheers
Poet and Lyricist always looking to collaborate. Write mostly out the box lyrics in most genres.
Amateur model, painter, love ceramics and sculpture. Make teddy bears, do belly dancing and love gardening especially roses

Gwyneth Rose

• Solo Gig
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 07:43:21 AM »
It's nothing overly interesting, just after a gig at a place that pays more than peanuts me and the band like to 'recommend' people. Basically cover them. If we put music to this, we could send it to you, then I'll let the lead singer, Ryan, deal with payment and all that. All we'd do is play it, not claim it, and if you wanted us not to fair game  ;D

I'll check the others are up for it, but they did tell me to find artists with songs we could perform, and have said we need a sexual one.

Hi James,
I'm so pleased to see you put your own pic back - huge improvement on Miz P Cruz in my opinion LOL

Cool!! See if your guys dig this song; and if they do, go for it!!! You can send me the MP3 of the completed song. I'll upload it to Soundcloud and  I'll pitch to the scouts. Also have a couple of DJ buddies  in the UK , so that it can get airplay as well.  ;D ;D ;D  I am extremely resourceful when I have a reason hehehe. So give me one, wont you  ;D ;D ;D

I'll send you an email to hook up and we can chat a bit further on this. Now you've got me excited. Yaaaaaaaaaaay ;D ;D ;D
Poet and Lyricist always looking to collaborate. Write mostly out the box lyrics in most genres.
Amateur model, painter, love ceramics and sculpture. Make teddy bears, do belly dancing and love gardening especially roses

Gwyneth Rose

• Solo Gig
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »
It's nothing overly interesting, just after a gig at a place that pays more than peanuts me and the band like to 'recommend' people. Basically cover them. If we put music to this, we could send it to you, then I'll let the lead singer, Ryan, deal with payment and all that. All we'd do is play it, not claim it, and if you wanted us not to fair game  ;D

I'll check the others are up for it, but they did tell me to find artists with songs we could perform, and have said we need a sexual one.

Thought I'd just put the revised lyric together  ;D

Sex Slave
All rights reserved
Gwyneth Rose

V1
Why should I
Give you the key
Why should I
Set you free
I like your chains
They suit you well
You so sexy baby
You hotter than Hell

Chorus
Can’t you see baby
You’re my ecstasy
Never set you free
You’re my ecstasy
Oh yeah my ecstasy

V2
You on my mind
Day and night
I get turned on
How you fight
You the object
Of my desire’
You ooze sex baby
You light my fire

Chorus
Can’t you see baby
You’re my ecstasy
Never set you free
You’re my ecstasy
Oh yeah my ecstasy

V3
So come on baby
Get on your knees
I know just how
You love to tease
I’ve got the whip
Come beg and plead
Bring it on Bab-beeee
Yeah my ecstasyyyyy

V4
In my dungeon
I treat you well
You’re my slave
You like to play
When I’m with you
You blow me away
You my reason baby
Yeah for living baby
You’re my ecstasy

Bridge
We’re all prisoners of our heart’s desire
Unlock the passion and fuel the fire
Kindred spirits on a trip of fantasy
Only the fortunate make it reality

Chorus out…..

Gallowglass

• Solo Gig
  • Dime Store Saint
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 02:36:57 PM »
But no-one can ever be a patch on her sister Monica :'(

I can get a bassline down and send you it within a week - probably a couple days actually - and the guitarist will work around that. All the music should be virtually ready as soon as I get back down home in a month's time. Then hopefully this summer, all the money and payment stuff sorted, we can play it. If they like the lyrics, that is. Can't see why not.
Band recommendation of the week: Fit For Rivals? False. Renee Phoenix has no rivals.

'She can still hear the Rebel Yell just as loud as it was in 1983' - Thrash Unreal, Against Me!

Gwyneth Rose

• Solo Gig
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 07:40:49 AM »

I can get a bassline down and send you it within a week - probably a couple days actually - and the guitarist will work around that. All the music should be virtually ready as soon as I get back down home in a month's time. Then hopefully this summer, all the money and payment stuff sorted, we can play it. If they like the lyrics, that is. Can't see why not.

I've just sent you a PM

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 01:03:28 PM »
Hmm, now a male singing this would just be creepy - or maybe there's a double standard making me think that.. Regarding the use of cliche - I guess it's a question of wanting to write a good lyric, or something that's gonna sell - there's an argument for either approach!
I too thought ecstasy doesn't have the impact you want - I would replace it with "You're my SEX SLAVE" (sorry to SHOUT) as that really blasts and sticks to the theme. Genre - maybe racey country or rock. It's a bit too edgey for pop IMO.
Nice one!
Paul

Gwyneth Rose

• Solo Gig
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2014, 07:37:28 AM »
Hmm, now a male singing this would just be creepy - or maybe there's a double standard making me think that.. Regarding the use of cliche - I guess it's a question of wanting to write a good lyric, or something that's gonna sell - there's an argument for either approach!
I too thought ecstasy doesn't have the impact you want - I would replace it with "You're my SEX SLAVE" (sorry to SHOUT) as that really blasts and sticks to the theme. Genre - maybe racey country or rock. It's a bit too edgey for pop IMO.
Nice one!
Paul

That's just your personal opinion, as either sex could sing this. 8) I'd say be prepared to be creeped out coz a male is gonna sing it  ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for the sugg but it doesn't rhyme with my chorus. I love the ecstasy in it , think it's a great hook and apart from you and Jess everyone else seems to love it too Impact wise.... So I think the jury's in on that already. ;D
Thanks for the feedback, yeah definately going to be Rock I think.

Cheers
G

Oh BTW - In the Writing Process board, I posted an interesting guideline on "Things to consider when offering critique" - It's worth checking out, really some pearls of wisdom there.  I'll just post a couple of extracts here from it to give you an idea.........

3.Critique is a discussion. It is not an argument, there are no winners and losers, there is only "trying to improve the song". Don't pronounce your opinion believing it is absolutely right. You are not a god of song writing or recording.
4.Be honest, but be respectful of the member's critique preferences. If they don't want a blunt thorough comment don't post it. If you have comments and suggestions, ASK the member if you can post your comments and suggestions.
5.Every writer here has passed or still has to pass the point where they realise that they are not as amazing a writer as they think they are. It can be uncomfortable and confidence sapping. Please remember the writer you are dealing with may not have had that epiphany yet. It is not up to you to make them confront that moment of self awareness. That happens in it's own time.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »
That's just your personal opinion
Yes, but by posting here, you have effectively asked for it ::). I never claimed to be right.

Gwyneth Rose

• Solo Gig
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2014, 03:25:55 PM »

Yaaaay getting excited now!!! Looking forward to hearing the bass line soon.
Thanks James