Mars bar

• 4 Replies

HJB

• Busker
  • I really enjoy writing lyrics
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
Well it's not a serious song at all!;) but yeah it passed the time!!;) so it's not ment to be serious!! Just so you know;)...
I met this girl that I knew one day, she told me that she had a craving, and with her I was in an argument that day, about an Instagram photo

The craving she had was for something sweet, as she told me Harry do you know know..
I said what, I said what...
She told me she fancied a Mars bar

A Mars bar she wanted and she desired, as her she was fuming in rage like her tits were on fire

After she left me, and I watched her go, I went down to Londis, didn't you know, I went and brought a Mars bar, I went and brought a Mars bar...

See arguments weren't my cup of tea, but for the one I loved it was Hollie lee, the shit I've put her through it's the heart hurt between me and you, I thought she deserved a Mars bar, oh I thought she deserves a Mars bar
HJB

Gallowglass

• Solo Gig
  • Dime Store Saint
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:22:53 PM »
It reminded me of the 'one day I went to Lidl, went to shoplift in Lidl' song in its attitude, then you had to hit us all with the last verse, didn't ya?  ;D Which I thought was actually smoothly-handled. Let us get all high on this fun-filled fantasy then give us the reality behind it, breaking the illusion but not the hope or happy vibe because it remains positive, even if it's no longer perfect.

You say it's not serious at all, it's actually pretty deep...
Band recommendation of the week: Fit For Rivals? False. Renee Phoenix has no rivals.

'She can still hear the Rebel Yell just as loud as it was in 1983' - Thrash Unreal, Against Me!

HJB

• Busker
  • I really enjoy writing lyrics
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:43:52 PM »
Aw well thankyou very much!!:)
HJB

mickeytwonames

• Solo Gig
  • me, my mistress and my dog
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 08:48:50 AM »
in the 1960's there was a salacious story about a Mars Bar involving Mick Jagger, Marianne Faithful and a fur rug - can't get it out of my head when I saw your title.
Mickeytwonames
Practice like you live forever.
Play like you die tonight,

PeeJay

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »
Hi,

This was sweet!

I liked the way it's written in slightly unconventional style and the contemporary reference to Londis - i'm a Spar man myself!

I had visions of Marianne Faithful too. Who? I hear you cry!

Nice one,

Phil.
I don't know what i'm doing but i do it anyway.